Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
Can the hour of gound training be performed by a different CFI then the flight? I imagine this would just require 2 endorsments, one from each CFI. Has anyone done this before?

i wouldn't sign any off if I hadn't done the ground portion... Not to say that you couldn't... Hmmmm.
Not much help, sorry
adios

Does the CFI have to have logged time in the airplane he is giving the BFR to? For example, someone asked me to give a BFR in a mooney. I have never flown one before and was unsure If I could sign off the BFR.

Of course ya can!! You aren't teaching the guy how to fly his own plane! You're just signing off that he flew his plane safely and he has a decent knowledge of part 61/91 and anything else you might want to ask.

Archer38416 said:
Does the CFI have to have logged time in the airplane he is giving the BFR to? For example, someone asked me to give a BFR in a mooney. I have never flown one before and was unsure If I could sign off the BFR.

I think your fine as long as you have the endorsments to fly it and are a CFI-A. If the owner's BFR has not expired he will be PIC anyway.

Steve said:
Can the hour of gound training be performed by a different CFI then the flight? I imagine this would just require 2 endorsments, one from each CFI. Has anyone done this before?
Sure. I was involved in one during a conference of aviation lawyers.

It's also done as a matter of course for CFIs - renewal of the certificate covers the ground portion and they only need the flight portion.

In fact, the separation can be a great marketing tool for flight schools: Group ground at no or minimal cost, followed by the flight portion with individual CFIs. Picture it as a lead-in for folks who have certificates but haven't flown in years.

Even a BGI or AGI can endorse for the hour ground review.. kinda sketchy, but i have completed and signed a student off for a BFR that someone else started..but I made damn sure he was good to go

Latest resources

Back