Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beyond Netjets, Which Would You Choose? Another Hypothetical Question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would go to:

1-FX (Challenger 300) my favorite Biz Jet, by far
2-CS
3-good corporate job

I had a conversation with a CS guy, he interviewed at NJ last week and got the job. Even with the pay increase, he still coming over. He's only giving up 1 year seniority at CS, so no big deal I guess. I wonder why he's coming over? I didn't ask.

Because NJ is the best gig in town. Thats why we are not including them in this situation. Anyone with limited seniority or many more years to devote to the industry would be better off leaving any of the other fracs for NetJets.
Why is everyone ranking the companies based on aircraft they think are cool or want to fly? Read the board, educate yourself from some of the guys here who would fly a beech 1900 for good pay and great QOL.
The flex 8 and 6 and rolling rest issues do not sound like great QOL. 182 days a year or 202? I guarantee before your first recurrent the airplane will wear off. Flexjet has been addressing the needs of the pilot group recently. It has been slow but it has been happening. This definitely has to make them much more attractive. Still not number 1 :D . Sorry couldn't resist.

Why is everyone ranking the companies based on aircraft they think are cool or want to fly? Read the board, educate yourself from some of the guys here who would fly a beech 1900 for good pay and great QOL.
quote]

Yeah it is funny that just by reading the posts I can tell you how much experience these people have. Younger and or lower time guys are always about the equipment. They base everything on how cool the airplane is and don't hardly mention QOL. I think the happiest guys at CS are the few left in the CJ1 and the Bravo guys. They are making the same money as everyone else and work a whole lot less. One guy posted Flex over CS just because of the airplanes even though Flex guys work 30 more days a year for the same pay as CS. I would gladly give up the CL-300 for an extra month off a year. I know guys flying Barons for Labquest making 70k a year. They are not going anywhere because they know they have it good. Just my .02 cents

quote]

Yeah it is funny that just by reading the posts I can tell you how much experience these people have. Younger and or lower time guys are always about the equipment. They base everything on how cool the airplane is and don't hardly mention QOL. I think the happiest guys at CS are the few left in the CJ1 and the Bravo guys. They are making the same money as everyone else and work a whole lot less. One guy posted Flex over CS just because of the airplanes even though Flex guys work 30 more days a year for the same pay as CS. I would gladly give up the CL-300 for an extra month off a year. I know guys flying Barons for Labquest making 70k a year. They are not going anywhere because they know they have it good. Just my .02 cents

Good post.

Hey guys

I am looking to tale the leap into the frac industry and am of course happy to see the recent improvements.
To me a company's retirement plan plays a pretty heavy part in my "choice". I know the basics of NJ's and Flex's 401k plans like company match and max allowable percentage of annual salary. I would be very interested in knowing the same about CS and XOJet. Anyone here in the knows care to share?
Thanks..

/FlyZimex

Hey guys

I am looking to tale the leap into the frac industry and am of course happy to see the recent improvements.
To me a company's retirement plan plays a pretty heavy part in my "choice". I know the basics of NJ's and Flex's 401k plans like company match and max allowable percentage of annual salary. I would be very interested in knowing the same about CS and XOJet. Anyone here in the knows care to share?
Thanks..

/FlyZimex

CS matches 100% of the first 6%. All regular earnings, overtime, and stipends are eligible. I believe full vesting is at 5 years.

Last edited:
How long is the estimated upgrade time at these other companies? NJA is obviously my first choice, but it would be nice to have a plan B. CS seems to be a decent 2nd pick. How's the QOL, sched, people, retirement, etc. there?

NJA is at least three years if they keep going at the current pace of hiring. I think that is still a little optimistic. I think you could upgrade and pick the equipment you want instead of just taking the first available, within reason (400, ultra, xls, encore+, etc...), within five years at the latest. This is just an educated guess and all depends on three big things; aircraft purchases and deliveries, hiring rate, and continued expansion. Deliveries are still happening (no comment on the 4000), hiring is estimated at 400 to 450 for 2008, and we seem to be expanding for quite some time to come.;)

Last edited:
Flex will be close to 3 years before long for upgrade

A CS FO told me he was also looking at 3 years for upgrade

I've got over 2 years now at NJA and I forsee at least another year and a half, maybe 2 before upgrade on first available- about 250 numbers between me and upgrade. I would guess at least 4 years for first available to a new hire and probably closer to 5 if we continue to grow at current pace for the next 5 years. I believe the union is advising newhires in basic indoc on about a 5 year wait. At least most of the fracs are finally paying FOs enough to wait.

Please help me with my math, but that 100% match of the first 6% is not that good.
$15500*6%=$930
So if you max out the company gives you $930?

Latest resources

Back