• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beware of Goody's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JF ain't the Chief Pilot...but hey, thanks for all the second/third hand heard it from my uncle's brother's cousin's girlfriend at 31 flavors last night information. Just think if you are gonna start slamming people the professional thing to do would be not to unless you have first hand knowledge/experience with the situation instead of passing along tainted kool aid stories....but that's just me.

EB

Ok...i'll speak first hand. I talked to the Chief Pilot after the incident (darned near an accident) and he was bragging about his superior airmanship skills by being able to fly an airplane with one engine out and the other developing power intermittingly. On the other hand, I was thinking "what the hell were you doing taking off in freezing fog without anti-ice on?" But he is proud of his accomplishments. Good for him. He no longer works for Goody's; not because of nearly killing himself and several others, but because
Goody's got bought out and the new company saw how ineffecient the flight department was (because of Goodfriend, read the Wall Street Journal). I don't know how the flight department is now since the change in ownership.

I know of 2 guys that worked there, both of them quit in less than a year. Plain and simple, I've said it a hundred times......people don't quit good jobs.

8v8tr said:
Well it sure looks like the coffee drinkers have really got it stirred up again in good ole' Knoxville. Colonel Dan, you should really try to get you facts verified by employees who still work at Goody's, not ones that have been terminated for performance issues.

Other then that Goody's is doing better financially then they have in the past five years. Sure, things did look bad for a while when the sale was going on. However, now things are stable and the flight department is as secure as any flight department.

All of the changes at the Flight Department and the Corportate level have been for the better, not for the worse.

And by the way, the crew from the DA-20 incident are no longer Goody's employees.

That's what all of the bad places say when they fire good employees. Unfortunately, getting fired does hurt. It doesn't matter if someone is fired by an EVIL S.O.B. just trying to watch his back.

BTW, what's 8v8tr. Just what did you eat? a v8tr? I'm not getting it.

Latest resources

Back