• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beware Lear Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you sure it isnt a 3- wheel motion hydraulic kit? Wheres the 20in dubs with the Dayton Spinners?

Same Thing Happened to us down in Laredo, suspect x-flow valve.

There is a company based at my airport with three MU-2's, if they call for fuel, it keeps two guys busy for over an hour. If only one guy is available to go up there, he is gone for about 2 hours. Its a blast doing that in the winter.

I laugh, but the I had a co-pilot leave the cross flow valve open and I never checked that it was closed... got a early morning wakeup call from the cleaners that the a/c was inches from hitting the wing. 7 pilots sitting on the wing to get the plane in a position that it could be towed out of the hanger to fuel the side that was now empty...that made for a good picture that you won't see on airliners.net

...so there are those that have and those that will when it comes to older lears...

Yep. had a forgetful capt leave the x-flow open once too, made the FO look bad;)

fuel

It is 125 a side max refueling imbalance.for the lears with Tip tanks. This picture typically happens when the the flapper valves in the tip tanks does work properly and allows a small amount of fuel to drain through it eventually putting the wing on the ramp.

After you close the hatch it is good practice to put your ear to the tip tank and listen for the trickling of fuel through the flapper valve before heading to the hotel....especially if not sitting on an even ramp.

MArk

now, what could possibly cause those flapper valves to unseat?

seat

If you have ever seen a "flapper" valve all it is a vertical peice of aluminum that is held on the seat by the weight of the fuel and flaps back and forth...allows fuel to flow one way and not the other if working properly. . However, sometimes the seat gets distorted or some kind of partical gets caught under it causing fuel to slowly seep under them. Happens alot more then a crossflow valve as there are no lights that tell you when they are not fully closed like the crossflow valve does.

Mark

What He Said:D ;)

Latest resources

Back