Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Just an FYI... Got word from people who used to fly it that is worth passing along. Do your homework but...

Apparently the owner is losing his a** on the airplane. They stopped paying mechanics and the pilots also quit for the same reason.

The plane was for sale (apparently still is) and they have gone to EJM in the hope of generating enough revenue to keep it afloat.

Do your research, but they're wanting people to relocate to Atlanta (one crew, two pilots, full-time on-call) for the gig. This includes duties beyond just flying the airplane.

Be careful.

This airplane has been on EJM for quite some time.

BTW, what ever did happen to Richard and Travis?

Like you said, maybe you should do some research.

Just passing along what I heard.

I've been hearing issues about this airplane for years. If I'm wrong in any way, that's okay. Just advising people to ask a lot of questions, nothing more.

I have no interest in the job so I don't really care one way or the other, but if it helps someone else...

*shrug*

The word on the street is this is a shaky operation at best. *IF* that is true...well..."due D" is the name of the game.

As the turbine turns......

I agree with you. If this is a job someone is interested in, then they should talk to the horse. Get it from his mouth.

But as we all know, pilots just like to complain, and there is always two sides to the story.

I know some of the pilots have left these positions for the airlines, one to manage a charter outfit.

So it could be a crappy job, low pay, etc. But afterall, aren't they all? LOL

BTW, the mechanic is still on board, and I seriously doubt he would be working for free. I think this job is more about a pay issue (as in not up to standard with the rest of the industry, comparitavely with other similar aircraft) than anything, as well as a lot of travel.

One of the last guy's managing this aircraft was 29 years old when he left, and I don't think he was being compensated as one would think you should be. I don't know what the Legacy PIC average income is, but I'm sure Richard was making below average.

You know the type of operation, 80 hours a month, $50,000 /yr, to be the managing director.

I can say this, in these times, for some, it would just be considered a job. One that may keep the wolf from the door.

As the turbine turns......

I agree with you. If this is a job someone is interested in, then they should talk to the horse. Get it from his mouth.

But as we all know, pilots just like to complain, and there is always two sides to the story.

I know some of the pilots have left these positions for the airlines, one to manage a charter outfit.

So it could be a crappy job, low pay, etc. But afterall, aren't they all? LOL

BTW, the mechanic is still on board, and I seriously doubt he would be working for free. I think this job is more about a pay issue (as in not up to standard with the rest of the industry, comparitavely with other similar aircraft) than anything, as well as a lot of travel.

One of the last guy's managing this aircraft was 29 years old when he left, and I don't think he was being compensated as one would think you should be. I don't know what the Legacy PIC average income is, but I'm sure Richard was making below average.

You know the type of operation, 80 hours a month, $50,000 /yr, to be the managing director.

I can say this, in these times, for some, it would just be considered a job. One that may keep the wolf from the door.

The guy I know of who flew there isn't either of the two names mentioned above. I won't hint names or initials for protection. Just passing along what I was told.

Yeah it is a car dealer with the initials LS. He is taking it in the shorts and the plane was not paid for. I am sure it is about to go away. I don't think the charter market is going to pull you out in these economic times!

Hey, if someone has a heads up on the back story of a job, more power to them. There's been more than one job I would have loved to hear about before I got in it. Usually if there's bad news about a job, it's valid.

Well, as Legacy Driver pointed out. Due Diligence is the name of the game.

What I find hard to figure out though, is these guys have a Phenom that is to be delivered here within the next few months. Apparently it's paid for. But they are not suer if they want to take delivery. Something with that doesn't add up there. If it's paid for, you might as well take delivery. Maybe they owe the last installment upon delivery?

So yeah, anyone looking at this, be sure to dig, and dig deep.

Latest resources

Back