Better deals at Oshkosh?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

I am looking at picking up a Clarity Aloft headset soon. I am going to Oshkosh and was just curious if the companys that are present there, give better deals as compared to ordering online?

mocaman said:
I am looking at picking up a Clarity Aloft headset soon. I am going to Oshkosh and was just curious if the companys that are present there, give better deals as compared to ordering online?

Isn't that sort of like asking how to get a really cheap plane ticket? Sorry, couldn't resist...

I bought something at OSH, a couple of years ago. The price was great. Unfortunately, I did not factor in WI sales tax. On line, you'll pay shipping, maybe, but usually no sales tax.

Depends on the price, but in my instance it was a $1400 item, and tax was a lot.

sky37d said:
I bought something at OSH, a couple of years ago. The price was great. Unfortunately, I did not factor in WI sales tax. On line, you'll pay shipping, maybe, but usually no sales tax.

Depends on the price, but in my instance it was a $1400 item, and tax was a lot.

Most vendors will ship you the item and then you don't pay sales tax.

True,
However, then you void the deal of picking it up and taking it with you. At that point, you might as well shop the internet, and have it shipped.

If you don't need it ASAP, wait until Oshkosh. You'll probably be able to work something out with the vendor.

Yeh, I am thinking about picking up a 396 and an EFIS at OSH..

A lot of companies offer OSH discount.

The Clarity Aloft chick lies in the "not ugly" category, so pay her a visit. She looks better in person than in the advertisements.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back