• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bethune will be Aloha BOD Chairman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That word is true...It looks like Northwest won't get him. Aloha is one lucky airline. Here's the memo a buddy just sent me.

ALOHA AIRGROUP NAMES GORDON BETHUNE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
HONOLULU
Aloha Airgroup, Inc., parent company of Aloha Airlines, today announced that Gordon Bethune has been named Chairman of the Board of Aloha Airgroup, Inc. and Aloha Airlines, Inc. Bethune is the former Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Continental Airlines Inc., the nation's fifth largest airline. Bethune joined Continental in 1994 as President and Chief Operating Officer and was named Chief Executive Officer in 1994 and Chairman of the Board in 1996. Bethune retired from Continental in December 2004.
Under Bethune's leadership, Continental was among Fortune Magazine’s Top 50 Most Admired Companies, 100 Best Companies to Work for in America, as well as the No. 1 Most Admired Global Airline.
"I’ve had the wonderful pleasure of knowing Gordon for many years," said Aloha’s President and Chief Executive Officer David A. Banmiller. "He is a dynamic industry leader with a proven track record of driving up customer, employee and company value. We look forward to this opportunity to bring his talents and significant airline experience to Aloha."
"Aloha Airlines has long been recognized for its colorful and rich history serving the people of Hawaii," said Bethune. "I have the utmost respect for Dave Banmiller and his senior management team in guiding Aloha during these challenging times for our industry. I am honored to serve as Chairman working with Dave and the 3,500 Aloha team members in our next phase of development, building on the incomparable ‘Spirit of Aloha’."
"We are fortunate to have a professional of Gordon’s caliber, vision and experience join Aloha’s board," said Ron Burkle, Managing Partner of The Yucaipa Companies. "We are excited about the future of Aloha and look forward to the opportunities that Gordon will bring to the Company."
Bethune holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Abilene Christian University at Dallas and is a 1992 graduate of Harvard Business School's Advanced Management Program. He is a licensed commercial pilot, type-rated on Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft as well as the DC-3.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT]

Coming from a Hawaiian Pilot I'm stoked for you guys. Clearly he'll be a major benefit to you and Hawaii needs a strong AQ and HAL.
Your right Go won't last, they are becoming less and less popular the longer they are around.

JO was warned not to come to Hawaii. Cocky little $hit / serves him right. I hope to see him swinging in the wind by Christmas.

I dont think it has sunk in yet how big of a deal this is. The media parrots and talking heads haven't a clue how huge this is. Lucky day to be an Aloha employee.

I caught this one quote in a press release where Bethune said "I am honored to serve as chairman working with Dave and the 3,500 Aloha team members in our next phase of development."

Looks like Aloha will grow & JO just can't catch a break these days. I kinda feel sorry for all the Mesa employees that JO will blame for this.

HighSpeedClimb said:
He is a licensed commercial pilot, type-rated on Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft as well as the DC-3.

At least he is a pilot! I wish all management were pilots.

Latest resources

Back