Best way to play music in airplane???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly2Scuba

I have a minidisc player and would like to play it over the hot mike in the airplane through the jumpseater plug. The specifications of the player show only 10 milliwatts of headphones output. Tried splicing a headset plug with a CD player headphone output chord, yet it sounded distorted over the airplane's audio. Very sensitive to finally achieve clear sound; had to remove the electrical tape and touch the wires just right without any secure fitting. What's the best technique to achieving ideal results as it seems I'm having significant interference problems? Or should I just order this slightly spendy accessory?...

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/1622

d'oh. i bought that a few months ago. it's not too bad, yet sucks at the same time.

you plug your headphones into it, right? but sometimes it completely blows your headphone connection. gotta pull your plug halfway out. that way you get the music and atc.

also, whoever you're flying with can hear it too. bull$hit. why? doesn't make any sense why that would happen. that sucks. if i'm flying with someone else, i have to nix the tunes for the day. it doesn't make any sense why it would do that. can't figure out how it's getting to the other person either.

oh, last thing, it doesn't play very loud. i've gotta turn the volume on my cd player all the way up. and the comm's come in really weak. gotta turn the volume way up on that too.

then again, at least i've got some tunes to listen to. i spent about 400-500 hrs last summer listening to disney radio in a seneca. that was hell. then again, i learned every word to every britney spears, hilary duff, n sync, aaron carter, and baha men song. so at least there's an upside...right? :p

We have XM radio installed and it works great!

I'm both cheap and lazy, therefore I just shove some stock earbuds in underneath my headset and call it good. Not the most elegant solution, but certainly the most practical and it's the favored technique at my organization.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back