Best way to book a cruise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Check Essential

My girlfriend and I are thinking about trying a 7 day cruise in two weeks (short notice). Neither of us have been on a cruise before. I’m an airline employee (cargo, not PAX) and I’ve checked both Perx.com and Dargal.com. Both sites list an outside cabin on the ship we’re interested in for $799 pp. A quick check of Orbitz and Expedia both list an outside cabin for $1049 pp. I’m assuming these are the same cabins, but I’m not certain.

I’d really like to get some advice from those of you with interline privileges. Are Perx and Dargal really better deals than just searching the web? Are there any tricks to getting the best deal?

Will my airline affiliation really get me a better deal even though I’m not booking through my companies pass bureau?

I’ve also heard the cruise lines don’t like to set sail with empty cabins so the prices drop as the departure date nears. Any truth to this?

TIA.

CE

It is not true, they will very well set sail with empty cabins... Just like a plane has to leave with empty seats... BUT it is true you can get a very good deal going to the port and attempting to get on without reservations. Although, I would not suggest this if you do not live next door to a port.

My husband and I used Dargal for our honeymoon cruise. It worked very well, we had no problems at all. We mentioned it was our honeymoon and we got an excellent outside cabin w/ balcony. The prices do drop somewhat I think as the departure date gets near, but I wouldn't suggest just showing up at the port b/c it is like a huge fire drill. And yeah, they will sail w/o a full ship so they won't drop to insanely low prices b/c it costs a huge amount to operate those ships and all the employees it pays....Depending on where you're going, $799 is a pretty good deal for an outside cabin, especially if it includes a balcony. It's nice to sit in your own area enjoying the ocean air. My dad, a former airline employee, used Dargal for just about every vacation they went on, cruise-wise, and I don't think he ever had any problems. His user name is Skyking1976 if you want to ask him. Good luck :)

WNRHD17 said:
Depending on where you're going, $799 is a pretty good deal for an outside cabin, especially if it includes a balcony. It's nice to sit in your own area enjoying the ocean air. My dad, a former airline employee, used Dargal for just about every vacation they went on, cruise-wise, and I don't think he ever had any problems. His user name is Skyking1976 if you want to ask him. Good luck :)
$799 is not for a balcony room, but after more searching, it does seem like a good price. I'll probably book through Dargal.

Thanks for the info!

CE

I've booked cruises via the internet and through a travel agent. The travel agent got me a better room for the same price. I had no problems with either way but from now on, I'll use the travel agent. She handled everything. Got my room upgrade, made sure it was near an elevator for quick access to dining etc. She even sent a gift basket to the room. Nice touches all around. I'll use the agent from now on.

Nip

Latest resources

Back