Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bell47

shoveling the dream!
What would be the best regional to suggest to a newbie. Things like upgrades, pay, bases, commuting, equipment, managment, QOL all should come into play. I don't fly for the regionals, so I don't know first hand who to suggest. The guy has done a career change and learned how to fly(actually got a commercial, he's had a private for a few years). He wants to be an airline pilot. He has a family and lives in the north east. I don't think he would be able to move but could commute out of BOS,PWM, or MHT pretty easily. I think he has about 1000TT/ 300 multi. I think pay and QOL would be more important to him than equipment. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. No negatives on his career choice,please, I'm sure he's heard most of that anyway. Thanks guys.

Now that we got the inmaturity out of the way we can move right along to something useful. Not just looking for airline names but reasons why also. thanks.

if he has a family, this would not be a good career change

I know. I told him all the negative and he said he's talked to the little lady at home, and they agreed he should go for it. She has a real job(nurse), so they will probably be ok. I'm just trying to get him some info.

Tell him to look at Air Wisconsin. Even with the issues we are having right now, it's still a good place to be, he would probably get PHL right away, and he would most likely be commuting on his own airline to work.

Oh, and he meets our new mins. Should be a shoe-in.

Peace.

Rekks.

Eagle is allowing base choice right now so he could elect BOS or LGA (sorry, not too familiar with the identifiers you listed) and get the EMB. 1000/300 should be more than enough. The most common knock is the upgrade time but that is already coming down. Otherwise you'll be hard pressed to find one that offers more long term stability. PM me if you like...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back