• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know. I told him all the negative and he said he's talked to the little lady at home, and they agreed he should go for it. She has a real job(nurse), so they will probably be ok. I'm just trying to get him some info.

Do a search, this gets talked about once a month.

Whichever one he doesn't have to commute for. Everything else is pretty much gravy.

Eagle in Boston or XJET in EWR. Go for a decent stable company with an East Coast base. Nothing else matters. AWAC in PHL is a reasonable choice, as well. I don't work for any of those companies, but his #1 goal should be to minimize or avoid a commute.

These are the worst threads!!

Good enough to make you look.:p

Tell him to look at QOL. The shorter the commute the better.
Eagle and Air Wisc are good suggestions. EWR sucks and ExpressJet's future is foggy, but QOL there is good. Republic/Chautauqua going through growing pains, but most of my buddies there like it. Most of the other companies will ride you hard and put you up wet.

Rumor is strong that Republic will be opening a PHL domicile in the coming months. If that pans out, you'd have AWAC and RP to chose from in Filthy, Eagle in BOS and LGA, Comair at JFK, and Expressjet in EWR. Piedmont has a very junior base in LGA and Big Sky has opened or is opening a BOS base; those might be options too.

Of those choices, my preference would be in order of easiest commute (frequency of flights and commuter-friendly departure times) if I were your friend. Take the first class offered then make a decision from there.

Republic would be a good decision. With a family, I would suggest a regional will get him in the left seat the fastest, and then onto a mainline carrier. QOL may not be the greatest, but Trans States will have a solid upgrade time (2200 TT will take him about 1 yr 3 mo), and they have a RIC domicile.

I would say Eagle or SKW.
Eagle, very stable, good pay, great QOL(if on the EMB). Things starting to move very quickly.
SKW, lots of friends who work there really enjoy it.

Republic would be a good decision. With a family, I would suggest a regional will get him in the left seat the fastest, and then onto a mainline carrier. QOL may not be the greatest, but Trans States will have a solid upgrade time (2200 TT will take him about 1 yr 3 mo), and they have a RIC domicile.

I agree that mainline the fastest should factor in his choice, but under no circumstances would I ever suggest trans states. On the other hand, it may force him back to his day job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back