Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best place to get a BE - 300 Single Pilot type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a King Air! If you've flown any of them single-pilot, the 300/350 course will be no sweat!

If you're a "jet" guy, and you're not quite used to 6 levers for two engines, it might take you a bit more time.

BE-300 Type?

If you are actually going to be operating the airplane single pilot, go to FSI and get the full program. Do not use a sim partner. That is one of the hardest type ratings out there. And for good reason: the workload in an emergency single pilot is very very high. There are lots of ways to mis-manage a problem that will lead to a bigger problem. You want to be well-trained to fly that airplane single pilot, not a bargain-basement rating mill.

I'd agree with this as well. I did my Single Pilot BE-300 Type Rating at FSI/Long Beach about three years ago and enjoyed the program and found the Instructors very knowledgeable and helpful. When I took the BE-300 Initial Class, I had about 1500 hrs of Single Pilot time flying BE-200's, so I did not find the program all that difficult; but, I am also going to guess - admittedly based on my somewhat limited experience (my only two Type ratings are the BE-300 and the G-IV) - that a lot of folks will find that the BE-300 Single Pilot Type Rating is actually a harder (i.e. "busier") Type Rating ride than many (most?) two crew bizjet Type Ratings. (I thought my G-IV Type Ride was much easier than my BE-300 Type Ride, though, as my "first jet", the G-IV was a much harder airplane for me to learn than the BE-300.) Never actually flew a real 300, but I loved flying the 350, great airplane.

Best place to get a Be-300 single-pilot type rating?

The Past.

Used to get both BE-300 and BE-1900 on the same checkride. I guess FlightProfit Int'l must've bribed the right individuals to get it split up into two seperate type rides.

Latest resources

Back