Best Organization to join?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

weekendwarrior

Can I get some insight on which pro-pilot organization I should join? Air-Inc, Climbto250, etc?

I'm working on my advanced ratings now and would like to start researching jobs, and need a little direction.

Thanks!

AIR INC- Info is good plus you are supporting Kit's "lifestyle"..- nice magazine and the "promise" of the world-l o l

AOPA- not bad and somewhat informative however it appears
that you are "supporting" a cause for the "good" of aviation in general over anything else so may not be a big information source for "career" advice and "how to".....etc-

EAA- pretty neat stuff ! !

QB's- N E T W O R K I N G at it's B E S T - - pretty "important" group of people..

ALPA- working for the best interest of pilots- Like them or not -l o l
scope/limiting the regionals IS in the best interest of the "young" jocks on their way up........-

C H E E R S

3 5 0

Aviation organizations

I wouldn't join that FAPA descendant, Air, Inc., run by the Pied Piper of Pilot Shortages, Kit Darby. Kit has been seducing people for years with his message of an imminent pilot shortage. He sucks people in and sells them his wares and the wares of his sponsers. :eek: :rolleyes:

Alright, I realize that's somewhat over-the-top. To try to be more moderate about Kit, he does peddle information about airlines, but it tends to be old. There has always been a misinformation gap about airlines and companies. Pilots often base important career decisions on information that may not be authentic. Places like this message board are better sources of information, because the information is live and comes from pilots who work for the companies and/or have been on interviews, etc. Kit does sell a lot of career development materials that really are good, such as Sweaty Palms: The Neglected Art of Being Interviewed by Anthony Medley, which is a great interview book, and Airline Pilot Interviews: How You Can Succeed in Getting Hired by Irv Jasinski, which is an invaluable book about the airline hiring process. However, you can get these books elsewhere for less money than Kit.

I would join AOPA. Yes, you are supporting general aviation. The magazine is aimed more toward weekend pilots and some of its articles have a commercial boosterism tinge. But, the magazine does run a nice turbine flying section with generally well-written and useful articles. AOPA also provides legal and medical counselling services that are confidential and extremely valuable.

You might check out Avweb. We have a regular poster to the board that runs that outfit. I don't always see eye to eye with him, but he is tuned in to current events.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Last edited:
350DRIVER said:
AIR INC- Info is good plus you are supporting Kit's "lifestyle"..- nice magazine and the "promise" of the world-l o l

QB's- N E T W O R K I N G at it's B E S T - - pretty "important" group of people..

ALPA- working for the best interest of pilots- Like them or not -l o l
scope/limiting the regionals IS in the best interest of the "young" jocks on their way up........-

C H E E R S

3 5 0

350:

What is QB's?

Latest resources

Back