Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

passion4flying

All,

Here is the name of the best cargo 135 cargo operator out there. Miami Valley Aviation. They fly BE-18's, DC-3's, Lear 25 and 35's and DA-20's. They treat their people great and have a very good business up and operating. They also fly out of the Dayton Cincinnatti area.

Passion

It's the old Hogan Air from HAO. They got shut down by the feds and kicked off the airport. They had to move to MWO and restart under their new name, but it's still the same type of operation as before.

All true, but they are under different management and they do a great job. It has been probably six or seven or more years since that operatioin was inplace.

The old man died a couple of years ago. Terry Hogan was killed in a car accident about a year ago and I believe Mike just got out of jail this year sometime. So there is one left.

I'll second what passion4flying has said about Miami Valley Aviation. I worked there for a little over 3 years before moving on and it is still one of the most enjoyable places I've worked. The people are great, the airplanes are very well maintained and I made good money. What else can you ask for? Sounds like you worked there passion4flying?

DC3Flyer,

yes i worked at Miami Valley Aviation for 2 years. That was a really good place to be. I learned alot about flying airplanes (try flying single-pilot in a BE-18 in the winter in the Mid-west) Send me a PM. I bet we know each other.

Passion

Any idea what the competitive mins are? I'm sure they require at least the FAR 135 mins, but has the job market made it much more competitive?

What about salary, upgrade time and schedule? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

To be honest with you I am not sure what the current status is at MVA in regards to all your questions. With the economy the way it is, with the aviation industry the way it is I am not sure how to answer your questions. You can call them personally and they will be able to give you the answers. Call Steve Cook @
800-533-2800. I know they will treat you fairly.Good luck.

Brett

Latest resources

Back