Best next move toward frac job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ultra Grump said:
NetJets is hiring lots of Indy Air SIC's with no turbine PIC.

That's good to know. Maybe I can get all my right seat time behind me in these 'early years' (I turn 31 on Monday) before I move over to the left seat. Sure wish I could get off food stamps in the mean time, though:bawling:

SpatialD are you flying freight for a outfit in MEM? If so, and you don't mind me asking, what's the company you're currently working for?

flyfish said:
Most importantly always advance yourself into a place you least wouldn't mind getting stuck with. This is a game of musical chairs, when the music stops you can only hope your in a decent seat. Best of luck!!

Holy crap!!!!!! Thats the best piece of advice anyone has ever listed!!!!

SpatialD...multi-engine, IFR, single pilot, 2 or 3 crew planes, SR-71 time, and an endorsement from one of the Wrights all help. But truly more hours taking into account flyfish's comment is the best advice I have ever heard.

Thanks, tempus - I like that advice too (thank you too, flyfish). I can't have the job I really want right now, so anything I do is mostly going to be a means to an end. Might as well enjoy the ride I guess.

E62Pilot, check your PM's in a few minutes...

I do agree with the Guitar Guys that flying as a PIC in a two person crew is the ideal situation, however, those opportunities are not that readily available. You asked for the quickest way and I still think that would be to get a 135 job where you can be the PIC hopefully in a twin, or if not then in a single engine turbine where you'll build total time and PIC time. Gain the PIC time then go to a regional where you'll build multi time and gain CRM experience. Remember, fracs don't hire career first officers, they hire future captains! Good luck.

If you can get on at a regional, do it and dont waste your time with single engine 135 time. That isnt really going to help you with an interview. Sure, multi engine PIC 135 time is good if you have no other regional opportunities. But when that window opens, take it and dont mess around with 135 recip stuff. Your at an hour range thats within reach of regionals as they are hiring low time guys. Jet/turbine time and a two person cockpit is the experience you need and then you can upgrade when your number is up.

Last edited:
My $.02

Single pilot ops vs. two pilot 121 ops. No brainer, go 121. More structured, better quality time. Oh ya not to mention safer. I am sure some out there will try and slame me, but it is the truth. Running boxes around 135 is no where near as safe as working for a regional.
Go to the regional, and bug the hell out of the Frac guys you see lurking in the terminal/back of the plane. Someone will help you down the road.

Fozzy said:
My $.02

Oh ya not to mention safer. I am sure some out there will try and slame me, but it is the truth. Running boxes around 135 is no where near as safe as working for a regional.

Fozzy couldnt be more right.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back