• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Military DVD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12 O'Clock High! Better to think of your self as already dead!

Decided to buy with "Blue Angels - A year in the life of"
Brand new DVD - filmed in 16x9 format, and 5.1 surround.
Discovery Channel Store has best price if interested.....LOOKS SWEET!

Purpledog said:
The Air Force version of Top Gun (the movie). I guess Hollywood has to dumb it down for the public. I almost had to walk out. However the camera work is awesome except for the computer generated bogeys.

I would say the Air Force version of "Top Gun" is a movie called "Red Flag", which came out early 80s, precedes top gun by a few years. At least you can see real fighters (F-4, F-5). :)

2 good dvd sets at Costco one of Angels and Thudersbirds other was a set of various a/c 14 15 16 and another

Military Air Power a 4 DVD set and I think there are 4 other sets as well at Frys electronics.

Yes, I was going to suggest the model-specific documentaries rather than hollyweird movies.

I always thought a good title for an A-10 documentary would be "Slow Death."

Iron eagle... :puke:

What was the name of that stupid bomb? The Hades bomb?

"OK, Kid, you've got a LOT of F-16 sim time... now hop in this bird and not only be proficient in combat, go ahead and KICK SOME BUTT!" Yeah, that's it. It was less painful watching Jar-Jar Binks and his Gunga troops defeat the droid army, than watching kids in F-16's fly and fight.

Battle of Britain is an excellant movie. NO CGI or anything like that, it is all REAL airplanes. Some of it is kinda cheesy (bright red paint for blood) but it is educational and the flight combat scenes are awesome.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back