Best Management Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

swabby

If you were going to put your company a/c, Falcon 900EX with a management company who would you choose,Jet Aviation, Tag ,Avjet. We will operate 50% part 91 and 50% charter,about 50 hours a month 91. We will have 4 pilots and the plane is in the BWI area. Any and all comments are welcome...maybe!

Thanks

swabby said:
If you were going to put your company a/c, Falcon 900EX with a management company who would you choose,Jet Aviation, Tag ,Avjet. We will operate 50% part 91 and 50% charter,about 50 hours a month 91. We will have 4 pilots and the plane is in the BWI area. Any and all comments are welcome...maybe!

Thanks

Personally, I am having a hard time figuring out how you are going to get 50 additional hours of charter on the airplane after using it for 50 hours of 91. Who is telling you that this is possible ??? I'll bet either your broker or one of the management companies. I would imagine that the only way you could do this is if the Part 91 flights do not count against the Part 135 duty time limitations. I realize you have 4 pilots, but there are going to be plenty of times where at least one of them are not available or if you're going long range you need to be taking 3 of them... ???

Why is it that no start up operation (especially 91/135) ever considers things like crew rest, vacation days, training days, etc... ??? Because according to aircraft brokers and charter management companies anything is possible, including putting 30 hrs. in to a single day. Amazing...

Just doesn't seem like a very realistic expectation to me. But there are plenty out there smarter than me that I'm sure will be along soon to correct me. Of course though I am hoping that this is a mistype and you really mean 50 hrs. a month TOTAL.

Last edited:
swabby said:

Thanks

Forgetting the above issue regarding charter time, I would put TAG Avaition at the top of my list. I assume you would become a TAG employee and not what TAG refers to as a Charter Ally?

Let me know if you are not interested in all of the 'Big' named charter companies.
Where are you based out of?

GATOR

They've all got their god and bad points. But I'll second Spooky's opinion, TAG seems to be the best of the group in my opinion. They are usually the most expensive of the management firms (a fact that they don't try to hide) but they also seem to be the most "direct" to deal with. I've never heard of anyone questioning their accounting or their ability to hold up their end of the contract.

I was involved with a CE650 that we flew 750 hours one year and we needed 7 pilots. No way you can do 1000 hours a year with 4 guys legally. I talked to a TAG guy flying a 900B. They had 9 pilots for 1500 hours/year. Good luck.

Hugh Johnson said:
I was involved with a CE650 that we flew 750 hours one year and we needed 7 pilots. No way you can do 1000 hours a year with 4 guys legally. I talked to a TAG guy flying a 900B. They had 9 pilots for 1500 hours/year. Good luck.

Especially if the 91 duty time counts against the 135... There is no way they will even be close able to pull off 500 hrs. 91 & 500 hrs. Part 135.

Sounds to me like a sales pitch someone convinced them was possible.

I agree with what the others have said, both about the amount of flight time and recommending TAG.

If you have a chief pilot who you trust, I don't know that there is much benefit in going with a management company. On the other hand, if you don't have anyone and you are starting from scratch, a management company is a good idea.

I agree with most of the guys above...

but in reality its like asking if you prefer the needle or the electric chair...

stay on your own if at all possible!!!!

Hire good people, pay them well, treat them well -- and they will look our for your interests MUCH more than a TAG, JET or anyone else will.

At 50hrs a month PT91 already you will never do 50/month charter - not even close. If they are trying to sell you that crock get it in writing. Running 1200hrs yr. like that is impossible....and if you try you will go through crews at a record pace!

good luck!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back