• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$498.00 - IBM Thinkpad T22
  • 900 MHz Pentium III processor
  • 256 MB SDRAM
  • 32 GB hard drive
  • CD/DVD-ROM drive
  • 14.1" TFT screen (1024 x 768 max. resolution)
  • Windows NT Professional OS
  • Integrated Sound Blaster 16/Pro-compatible audio card
  • Connectivity and expansion slots: 1 USB 1.1 port; 1 VGA monitor port; 1 Serial port; 1 Parallel port; 1 infrared port; 1 S-Video out; 2 PCMCIA (or PC Card) slot (Type I/II); 1 headphone jack; 1 microphone jack
  • Integrated 56K modem (V.90)
  • RJ-45 LAN network port (for a 10/100 Gigabit Ethernet connection to networks and DSL/cable modems)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4328420

I love my Powerbook G4. I got it for $1299 a year and a half ago, and that included the printer. No viruses, spyware, or problems of any kind. The operating systems is easier to use than windows and once you switch you will never want a PC again.

It comes down to: spend more now for something of good quality, or save money initially on something cheaper, and spend more to buy software or take it to a shop to fix it/exorcise the demons from the hard drive when it inevitably gets sick. I tried the PC route and I ended up spending a lot more than I would have paid if I'd just gotten the Mac. I also ended up "losing everything" on ny hard drive twice with that PC.

I haven't spent a dime on this laptop since I bought it, though I did buy the Applecare warranty just in case. I haven't have to use it though.

Join the Mac side of the Force....:cool:

BoDEAN said:
Buy a dual core intel chip. They are just starting to hit the market now. Don't waste money on older models, as they are/will be extinct very quick with this new technology.

http://www.notebookreview.com

mac laptops (with the intel coreduo) are out at the end of this month in stores. 12" macbook pro, my reccomendation.

cwebster2 said:
mac laptops (with the intel coreduo) are out at the end of this month in stores. 12" macbook pro, my reccomendation.

Sadly Windows XP will not run as of yet on this system =(

BoDEAN said:
Sadly Windows XP will not run as of yet on this system =(

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

In theory, Vista will, because it's compatible with the Intel EFI that Apple's using. (Windows XP needs BIOS, which it doesn't use.)

I'd wait six months for the prices to drop!!
The longer you wait, the cheaper it gets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back