best hotels near teterboro?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acat

I have a trip to TEB tomorrow and staying a couple days. What are the best hotels to stay at near Teterboro? We have rooms booked at the holiday inn express right now but would like some reviews on it. I've heard there are some real dumpy hotels out there and don't want to end up in one. Also would like one with easy access to train or bus stop for us to use to get into manhattan to see the sights. thanks

The Hyatt Place in Secaucus is pretty nice. The Bus to NYC stops right across the street from the Hotel. It's fairly difficult to get to NYC from the Holiday Inn Express.

embassy in secaucus, their shuttle makes hourly runs to First Aviation (thanks Netjets) bus stop right outside the hotel will take you to the port authority terminal.

embassy is booked. I'll try the hyatt. The holiday inn told us there was a bus stop right across the street.

Not the Holiday Inn

You're missing out on the Holiday Inn @ Hasbrouck Heights.

View of McDonalds...

Close by the Dunkin Donut, a pathway to Hindu empowerment and enlightenment...

Near said airport, TEB, a benefit not fully appreciated...

Yet still within walking distance of the Bendix Diner.

Not as dingy as it could be. Rooms are better illuminated than a Persian opium den. Carefully scented to infuse one with the sense of being on a slave galley in August, which is delicately balanced with a Hazmat over spray, suggesting hygienic overkill or maybe just a hint of road kill.

Fellow "guests" add to the ambiance and a true sense of security & contentment. Many are armed to the teeth, seasoned warriors, with long forged contacts with the local police, and a zest for life, or 10-20 (out in 8 for good behavior).

The eclectic food offered by the in-house purveyor of all that is good, promotes the "that which does not kill you, makes you stronger" spirit.

But hey, I get free internet and points... :beer:

I like the Marriott Courtyard in Secaucus. It is right by the Bus stop going into the "City" and also next door to many resturaunts, a Gym, and a Movie theater.

Any of the joints at the mall in Secaucus are fairly good and there's a bunch of places to eat/drink/whatever there (bus stop previously noted). The Hasbrouck Heights Holiday Inn is, as related above, a rare treat full of foreign tourists and drug couriers at the end of their journey (there's a bus stop to the city in front of there, too) and you might get to catch Jackie Mason or Jackie Martling doing their tired comedy routines at Bananas.

At all costs avoid the Hasbrouck Heights Hilton on Polifly Rd. That place has turned into a total sh!t hole in the past few years. You've got skanky hookers boning tricks (loudly) in the rooms, Jersey Shore wedding receptions getting in fights with each other in the crappy bar and other miserable treats.

Any of the joints at the mall in Secaucus are fairly good and there's a bunch of places to eat/drink/whatever there (bus stop previously noted). The Hasbrouck Heights Holiday Inn is, as related above, a rare treat full of foreign tourists and drug couriers at the end of their journey (there's a bus stop to the city in front of there, too) and you might get to catch Jackie Mason or Jackie Martling doing their tired comedy routines at Bananas.

At all costs avoid the Hasbrouck Heights Hilton on Polifly Rd. That place has turned into a total sh!t hole in the past few years. You've got skanky hookers boning tricks (loudly) in the rooms, Jersey Shore wedding receptions getting in fights with each other in the crappy bar and other miserable treats.

Don't forget the busloads of tourists.

I wonder if Dominick the bartender is still working the stick. He claimed to be well into his seventies the last time I was there (almost two years ago).

Latest resources

Back