Best headset for 737?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingToIST

What is the best headset for 737s? The company that I am in ground school with uses Telex 750 but I am wondering if there is anything better than that.

I use 850s.

I had the ear mold made when I was in groundschool, but I just can't get comfortable with it, so I went back to my old 850s.

Most guys I fly with use the ear mold however.

I have an 850 and Bose x the Bose is tops if the guy you fly with will speask up.

Most fly with ear molds and a Plantronics headset. The Telex 850 is an ANR version of your 750 and works well with models of the 737, in particular the NG series and don't need batteries. Sennhauser makes a few good ANR headsets that are designed for jets and use batteries. Bose has an expensive ANR headset and their are some non-TSO'd soultions like the UFlyMike mentioned previously.

I use the Telex 850 and am mostly satisified. The real soultion is for more companies to add intercom systems but it seems there remains a reluctance.

Does the ANR on the Telex 850 get powered on the 737, since it needs a hot mic for power and the 737 has none. (unless you use the rubber bands). I am trying to decide on either the 850 or 5x5 with an earpiece.

> Does the ANR on the Telex 850 get powered on the 737, since it needs a hot mic for power

Yes, at least in the -300 & up. There IS hot mic going to the CVR, just not to the other pilot, so the mic DOES have power all the time. I think some of the -200's may have caused difficulty with that setup, but the newer jets don't seem to have any issues.

I will, however, second the QC2 + UFlyMike setup... works great, and by all reports, better than the Telex for most people. Plus, you have the QC2 for music & quiet while commutting or deadheading in the back.

what about the QC3? it's the newer Bose with smaller earcups. would the UflyMike work with this model?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back