Best Flight Guide for Commuters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LoveGun

For most of my aviation career I've always lived within 15 minutes of the airport I've been based out of. Recently I started commuting to work (we had a baby and moved back near my family).

What's the best place to look up flight information? I've seen commuter pilots check websites that have time tables for every airline. I did some google searches and I can't find anything.

Thanks... Tomorrow I do a two leg west to east transcon commute. It will be saturday. It's not looking good. Saturday schedules blow.

seatcounter.com

passrider.com

They don't do a good job if you make connections from different systems (eg UAL-AA), but it will show code share stuff.

http://www.eskyguide.com/

Free online. Also they have the best value for the price if you order the hard copy. They list ALL non stops in to and out of the US. Including LCC's, including international flights. The OAG people have different guides by continent, that are more expensive, and don't intermix, ie...No European flights in the US edition.

Do a coupon search for American Express Skyguide to look for a promotional rate vs the $85 or so it costs now. If you get the hard copy, you can load the smart-phone edition free on your palm, so its always at your fingertips.

skyguide give you around a $50/year rate if you tell them you are a pilot. Updates monthly and is SPOT ON with schedule changes. I fly out of several airports picking up/dropping trips and would be lost without it.

Gup

I used to use passrider.com on my phone, but the last few times I used it on my computer it crashed. Does anyone know if it's been fixed?

There is an application for smartphone users called

"pocket express"

http://pocketexpress.com/

Free schedules plus a slew of other info that you can read while rotting during commute... daily news. world news, stocks etc

plus has detailed maps flight status all airline and renatl car company phone numbers

Hotel search, currency converter..

A great little program that runs perfect on my 8830 worldphone

Latest resources

Back