• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

best cell phone plan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have sprint. Problems like everyone else but the deal is sweet.
I threatened to quit and go somewhere else but instead they sent me to the "Retention Dept" where they specialize in unadvertised sweet deals.
I have 750 anytime 3500 nights/wknds unlimited PCS to PCS and everything else ie voicemail caller id/ 3way etc. all for 40 bucks a month. And you airline guys...dont forget your corporate discount. this could be as much as 25% additional discount.
Also when I spoke to the retention dept. they credited me another 100 bucks for a new phone and a free month of service.
Check it out before you quit sprint. just my 2 cents...good luck
aj

When your contract is due with Sprint call the cancellation department and tell them you want to cancel. They gave me $34.99 per phone a month for 500 anytime, 3000 nights and weekends that start at 8:00 not 9:00, 500 cell phone to cell phone, first month free and $150.00 towards the purchase of two new phones. You can not get this great plan anywhere except by calling to cancel and talking to them. Not even the store can give you a great plan like this.

Good luck and fly safe.

Verizon's 'other' plan

I use Verizon's National Single Rate (used to be called OneRate) plan and I've NEVER had any problems with service. Digital or analog, Verizon or other nodal provider...doesn't matter. Considering some of the gawd awful places we operate into, having this feature has saved me money countless times. All minutes (even those on another system) count against your total so you never pay roam. I get 600 weekday, 2000 weekend, and 1000 mobile to mobile (Verizon of course) for $75.00 per month.

I've had one minor problem with my phone in 3 years and Verizon simply replaced the phone. They even transferred my phone number/address book to my new phone and gave me a 25% credit for missed calls. Another factor to consider is whether or not the company you work for has a 'preferred supplier' discount. FedEx has a deal with Verizon and I save even more money over the base rate.

In the original poster's situation Verizon's National Single Rate would cost $300 per month for 3000 peak minutes and costs $0.20 per minute over that.

I'll stick with Verizon for the long haul. It might be worth looking into for some of you that need "true" coast to coast/Alaska/Hawaii coverage.

Fly safe.

Verizon

I just switched from a regional east coast plan to the nationwide one. At first I was disappointed in the "home" area. I was told the nationwide plan currently covers about 85% of the country. My first trip took me out in the boonies (Western Nebraska) and my phone showed that I was roaming. (When the RM is on and steady, you're roaming = $.69/minute, if it's blinking, you're using a partner-carrier = no charge) Later, I was in Grand Rapids and my phone was still showing that I was roaming. I called Verizon (and got through to a real person immediately, by the way) and he explained the limitations. Essentially, he didn't help. He only tried to make excuses. I asked about updating my roam list, he gave me the code and I hung up. I thought I was at $.69/min!!

Anyway, my point is if you find you're roaming a lot, dial *228 to update your roaming list. This did the trick for me and I haven't seen a steady RM since.

-PJ

T-Mobile (used to be VoiceStream) had a great deal on family plans. 2 Nokia 3390 GSM 1900 phones free, 800 anytime nationwide minutes (shared between plan phones), unlimited weekend minutes, unlimited T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile minutes (nationwide); total cost with taxes, etc., around $80/month.

Coverage is somewhat lacking in certain areas, but GSM signal quality should improve within the next year.

I don't know if this plan is still available, but it has worked out very well for me in the past 6 mo's.

Latest resources

Back