• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Books?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Hard Landing" is a SUPERB book. Gotta love Bob Crandall.

"You guys just f@#$ing ruined this industry!", Bob Crandall to Senators after the Deregulation hearings.

Hard Landings is my top choice. Bethune and Herb's books are good past time reads. I like the part in Herb's book where a customer complains about a toilet paper put on the lav in wrong direction to which he replies "What were you doing in our lav upside down?" :)
If you want to get further technical you can read books by Eldan ben-Yosef, Darryl jenkins and my favorite Rigas Doganis.

"I hope they serve beer in Hell' by Tucker Max. Great stuff about how airline pilots should act

Except that Tucker deeply exaggerates his stories, and the caliber of women he's getting on. I have seen half the stories in person, first hand.

best books for me are the ones that have nothing to do with flying.

although i have read some of those including Gann's 'Fate..' which i find exaggerated in parts. decent reads, but nothing too exciting that's believable.

just read what you enjoy. if flying is always on your mind then enjoy all of the above mentioned books. they will at least prepare you for the roller coaster ride of an airline career.

but, if you wanna sleep well at night - pick up something that is hard to put down and leave the TV off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back