Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoA

Bank of america all the way
I use them and due to the fact that i travel a lot I need the access to free banking They are on every other corner in florida I have withdraws on my acct from all over the US.
I was once in LA got pulled over the cop asked me where I lived I told him Fla He went to the car came back then being the perseptive police officer noticed my bank of america card. Seeing my card and thinking they were only in Cali He asked me again where I lived and I told him again Fla. He asked me why I have a bank of america card. So I told him hence the name Bank of America they are everywhere..... small town mentality man. Ouch one of those things not to say when trying to avoid a ticket.

Anyway the online Free features work great and is easy to use If there is not a BoA around you could use the tactic of going in to eckerd drug store and buying a soda and getting cash back to avoid the fee At least you get something for your 1.50.

PS never use the ATMs in Atlantic City $5.00 Atm charge + your bank fee

USAA is definately the way to go. Like Jetsnake said, their insurance is absolutely the best out there and their bank is pretty darn good too.

Before I was older and wiser, I used Bank of America. Since my pay is electronic transfer, my check went straight into the account. All of the sudden, I start bouncing checks. After a little investigating, I found that they decided to debit one of my paychecks instead of crediting it to the account. The result was a couple thousand dollars difference in the account. I called them and they said they needed to do an internal investigation which could take up to 20 business days. I had to take out a loan to cover what they stole until they got off their fat a$$es and figured out they screwed up (and by the way, they charged me interest for the loan). They credited the entire check and the bounced check charges but only THEIR charges. I had to pay the penalties from the businesses I wrote the checks too. I promptly closed the account and opened an account at USAA, where I have yet to pay an ATM fee and I get cash back for using their check card.

To make matters worse, it was a full 5 years later and Bank of America showed up on my credit report saying I owed them money. After another short investigation on my part, I found that they had decided to "undo" the credit they gave me for the bounced check charges and charged me $25 per check. It took over 8 months for them to waive the charges (again) and get their fraudulent, piece of sh!t bank removed from my credit report.

I have to weigh in with First Internet Bank of Indiana. Their customer service is excellent. They have a free bill paying service, they pay among the highest interest rates for checking accounts, and they rebate up to $6.00 per month for using ATMs. Furthermore they always rank among the highest whenever there is a comparison among banks. They also don't charge any fees when you use the ATM/debit card overseas.

However it is an internet bank and has limitiations, ie you can't go into a branch. But you call an 800 number and the representatives are always helpful.

Check out Gomez.com for a comparison of banks. First Internet's website is firstib.com

BofA sucks....has never treated me well and has huge fees....

USAA is the best bank/insurance company on the planet! Friendly, great rates, refunds up to 10 ATM fees a month. I compared my auto/renter's plan with GEICO, Progressive, et al, and no one came lower than 20% greater than USAA's quote.

If you are prior service (or your parents are former *I think*) definately sign up!

Chunk

I know of several people who have had some pretty messed up experiences with Bank of America. I personally would not use them based on what i've seen happen to others.

Washington Mutual is a really good bank if you want free checking, and they do have locations in most of the U.S. If I am somewhere where there is no branch closeby, I go to a store, buy a pack of gum, and get cash back.

I had several problems with BoA a few years ago. I still have a credit card with them and that too has brought more headaches than it's worth. I look forward to soon ending my relationship with Bank of America.

S.

Last edited:
usaa

Hey chunk,

You're right. My dad's retired Navy and all my insurance is through USAA, although I haven't looked into the banking yet.

I'm still finishing up college and dad still likes to do the paperwork himself (fine by me), so I don't know the exact details of how it works...I probably should find out one of these days.

Mike

Latest resources

Back