• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

best aviation maintainence school???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at SIU-Carbondale. The AMT program has been around for 40+ years now and they have the contacts in the industry to prove it.
If possible, go visit the school you want to attend. I have seen some schools with the bare minimum of staff and equipment. SIU has stuff we didn't even get to in 2.5 years. The advantage is a more varied experience level.

http://www.siuc.edu

Spartan School of Aeronautics in Oklahoma has a great A&P school as well as flying side too. It is a little expensive but my buddy loved it and is a great mech. I did mine through Civ. work experience and got my A&P in 2 1/2 years. It was definitly the cheapest but not the quickest.

If on the west coast and if you're serious about it, I have no problem recommending Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA. They offer the 18 mos program for A+P and have an excellant avionics course. At $11/unit I got out for probably less than 4K including books.

The best school is really a matter of pride. Personally I had much disregard for the over egotistical, brainwashed embryo's. I went to East Coast Aero Tech in MA. Pretty darn good school. Cost I don't because I graduated in 81. It has changed names numerous times, but still survives. Here's the website http://ecat.edu/ As for pay in this industry, well it has gone down the drain. I'm here still because I enjoy it. But if I were to start all over again, I would have chosen a different profession.

Maiko said:
The best school is really a matter of pride. Personally I had much disregard for the over egotistical, brainwashed embryo's. I went to East Coast Aero Tech in MA. Pretty darn good school. Cost I don't because I graduated in 81. It has changed names numerous times, but still survives. Here's the website http://ecat.edu/ As for pay in this industry, well it has gone down the drain. I'm here still because I enjoy it. But if I were to start all over again, I would have chosen a different profession.

Not me! Used to be a deckhand on inland river towboats, gravedigger, RV factory assembly line worker, brain surgeon, rocket scientist, etc etc.....A&P best of em all! lol!!!

Honestly if you love aviation I would do one thing first and that is get a college degree. If you have the aptitude get one in aeronautical engineer or electrical engineering. If you can't handle the math and science then just get a degree. Once you have the degree then pursue a career in aviation. You can always get a job while you are going to school at a local airport, where you can hang out with the old mechanics and pilots. And by hanging out with these guys you will get a feel for the jobs and see if it is what you want. The bottom line is…life is so much easier with a degree.

Join the Navy or the Air Force! You can't beat The training, or the benefits and no student loans to repay when you are done.

i still say avionics is the way to go, or maybe NDI. Some companys have NDI guys that travel around and do inspections, seems like a fun job and i know they make good money.

Have a friend working for gulfstream in WI making great money doing avionics installs.

No matter how much you love a job its still a job, you should conisder money to be important, if you don't beleve me go hang out at your local FBO

Latest resources

Back