Schools
Cost of housing
Properties increasing in value
Low crime
Shopping and restaurants
Distance to the airport

Looking to be in the 250-350K Range

Thanks

For the price range I'd probably take a look at Highland Creek. Friend of mine downsized to a house there on the golf course for under 300K. It would sell for more now, but I was just there and there were two on the street for sale. One was smallish and was listed at $299,900 the other was bigger at 3000 sq. ft. and listed at $335,000.

Highland Creek is very near the Concord airport and Charlotte Motor Speedway. It is about a 35 minute drive to the CLT airport.

If you are in the market for some nice bedroom and dining room furniture I have some in storage there that I would love to sell. It's in good condition, Lexington and Pulaski are the brand names.

Typhoonpilot

Last edited:
Check the Denver area. West side of Lake Norman. Been here a few years and love it. Schools are great. Mecklenburg County schools suck and they are having alot of problems. Low taxes. We are growing like wildfire. PM me if you have any questions.

North of town is nice if you don't mind lousy traffic in and out of the city during rush hour.

Consider South/Southwest Charlotte - even going into Union County (lower taxes).

The reality is, you need to add a few more needs and wants to your list of desireable aspects to a new home here.

Visit my webpage (www.welcomehomecarolina.com) for search tools and local resource information.

If you have any further questions, I am also a NC/SC Broker / Realtor for Keller Williams - Southpark.

Feel free to give me a shout. I can set you up with an automatically updated webpage of houses that meet your requirements.

Take Care....

I live in Fort Mill SC (20 min drive to CLT). Growing area, #1 rated schools in all of South Carolina, 300K will get you a nice house around 2500-3000 sqft, almost no crime. PM if you have any other questions. -Bean

Careful on the generalizations! I live in Ballantyne and couldn't be happier with the school both my kids are in. Endhaven elementary is excellent!
Iflewjetz said:
Check the Denver area. West side of Lake Norman. Been here a few years and love it. Schools are great. Mecklenburg County schools suck and they are having alot of problems. Low taxes. We are growing like wildfire. PM me if you have any questions.

I'd have to second the "Fort Mill" comment. Great place without the NC taxes.
Back to "lurking" mode.......

Last edited:
I grew up in the Raintree area. Back then it was rural, very rural, now it's fully developed. I recently returned to the area and live in Indian Trail in Union Co. Taxes and auto insurance is about a third of what I would have to pay in Mecklenburg Co. I am still getting used to all the growth explosion that occured during my hiatus when I wasn't living here. However, I still love the area and will never leave here again. Plus there are so many houses for sale that aren't selling. It's a buyer's dream!

I live on the fairway in Highland Creek and the house next door to me is for sale for just under $300k with a yard facing the fairway and lake (pond). The new elementary school is being competed and will open in fall '06 and is a quick 3 minute walk across the way. Dont let them fool you with traffic stories, because since I85 opened up to 4 lanes all the way up to Concord, the MAX it takes me is 35 minutes to the airport and 30 minutes downtown... also less than 30 to Lake Norman with the boat.

If you need more info...PM me and I'll hook you up!
Tailwinds

Latest resources

Back