• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best and worst airline uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are getting new uniforms, supposedly a darker shade of brown. Besides since the complete uniform is provided FREE from the company with FREE yearly replacements, I'll wear anything they wish. They also provide for FREE, your flight bag and suitcase with FREE replacements. Practically the only things that you have to provide for yourself uniform related are your shoes, socks, undershirts and underwear.

Last edited:
Best: Delta is pretty darn sharp, I have to admit.

Worst: Is there any doubt that UPS is the biggest eye-sore of a uniform out
there? Even thoughs guys admit it.

Best dressed

I honestly think Uniteds are the nicest, very elegant. Air Trans and ATA's and of course Jetblues are very nice. I really like Alaska's, very different. Delta's are nice as well. TWA's were very cool. The worst, UPS's aern't all that bad, I have seen worse, trying to think. Hawaiians need to be updated. There paintjob is beautifull but the uniform is from like the 50's.

theflyingcondor said:
Best: Delta
Worst: UPS

Opinions?
Delta: Panamanian doorman, just need their fruit salad.
UPS: Box delivery dude
Newsflash: The best uniform is the one issued by a company that is not going into bankruptcy.
PBR
Rating: Near the top for dorky pilot series

UPSer said:
We are getting new uniforms, supposedly a darker shade of brown. Besides since the complete uniform is provided FREE from the company with FREE yearly replacements, I'll wear anything they wish. They also provide for FREE, your flight bag and suitcase with FREE replacements. Practically the only things that you have to provide for yourself uniform related are your socks, undershirts and underwear.
Why even wear a uniform at a freight carrier? I'd think some sort of flight suit would work great.

theflyingcondor said:
Best: Delta
Except every time I fly on them I feel as if I'm on a Disney Cruise. More chicken strips Mr. Miller?

One thing that cracks me up is airlines issuing and requiring pilots to have hats, but many of the pilots simply carry them around instead of wearing them -- a waste of everyone's money. At least SWA and NWA has got real and made wearing of hats optional. They are rather absurd when you think about it. I overheard a non-hat wearing SWA pilot playfully calling his fellow pilot who was wearing a hat "Ralph Kramden".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back