Best Airport for Deicing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboS7

Being a non-sked carrier as a captain deicing is really a pain. We have deicing set up at every airport but sometimes I feel that the ground handlers just tick the box. Which airports do you feel have the best deice situtation especially pertaining to large aircraft ops. Right off the bat I think that USair at PIT has the best setup, just drive the jet through and away you go.

YYZ. Those crazy Canucks know what the heck they're doing! I suppose they'd better.

US Air Boston has a pretty good set up. Two trucks on either side.. takes about 5 minutes to clean a 75.

It is going a lot better for me than it is for about 8000 other ALPA loving AFL-CIO pilots out there. Cheers.:D

I personally think Adams International in Barbados is the best airport for deicing.

Speaking of Barbados any of you 737 drivers have problems with wing icing on a quick turn. Usually the 737 after 3.0 hours of flying has problems with ice building on the top of the wing from cold fuel. There are several ways to take care of it I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Latest resources

Back