Best Aeronet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stratman560

Hey guys. Looking at signing our company up for Best Aeronet. Just curious if anybody else uses it and what their frequency of use is on the road, places of acceptance, good contract rates? The only other cards we have are Colt International and the obligatory Multiservice card. If you guys have some suggestions on other cards you like let me know. We operate a single Citation 560. Thanks for your input fellas.

stratman560 said:
Hey guys. Looking at signing our company up for Best Aeronet. Just curious if anybody else uses it and what their frequency of use is on the road, places of acceptance, good contract rates? The only other cards we have are Colt International and the obligatory Multiservice card. If you guys have some suggestions on other cards you like let me know. We operate a single Citation 560. Thanks for your input fellas.

We use Best Aero, Colt and UVAIR. UVAIR tends to be lower than most when they are at the same locations and I use it exclusively in Mexico. I frequent a few fbo's that take only Best Aero or Colt and in most cases but not always the Best Aero price is lower. I get better service from Colt, our rep is always calling to say hello and I can somtimes get them to match or beat the competions price. We don't even carry a Multi Service or Avcard, use the AmEx or Visa if no contract available.

SabreFlyR said:
We use Best Aero, Colt and UVAIR. UVAIR tends to be lower than most when they are at the same locations and I use it exclusively in Mexico. I frequent a few fbo's that take only Best Aero or Colt and in most cases but not always the Best Aero price is lower. I get better service from Colt, our rep is always calling to say hello and I can somtimes get them to match or beat the competions price. We don't even carry a Multi Service or Avcard, use the AmEx or Visa if no contract available.

We used Colt twice at MMPR last year and they did a good job of taking care of our fuel, handlers, etc. We've looked at UVair before and I just have never filled the paperwork out for it yet. All the account and bank info. Ill have to run by our secretary....Best Aero was simple, looks like they'll run our fuel through on our Multiservice card? Thats the account I gave them anyway. I'll maybe do the UVair stuff over the weekend and have our guys sign it on Monday along with the BestAero stuff. Thanks Sabre.

We use the Best card in addition to the others. Best is a great program, however it is somewhat limited in the locations served, however it seems to be getting better every couple of months. You can go on there web site and check and see if the locations you frequent will accept the Best card. www.bestaero.com It is a free program and everyone is very helpful the times I called for help. Also, and more importantly, they are usually always >$.50 cheaper then the retail prices. Good luck.

We use the Commercial Contract Fuel from Avfuel, if the FBO have avfuel this is the best card, plus if you have a avtrip card you (the pilot) get $50 for every 5000 points, normally 2 points per gallon.

stratman560 said:
We used Colt twice at MMPR last year and they did a good job of taking care of our fuel, handlers, etc. We've looked at UVair before and I just have never filled the paperwork out for it yet. All the account and bank info. Ill have to run by our secretary....Best Aero was simple, looks like they'll run our fuel through on our Multiservice card? Thats the account I gave them anyway. I'll maybe do the UVair stuff over the weekend and have our guys sign it on Monday along with the BestAero stuff. Thanks Sabre.

MMPR is one of the exceptions in Mexico because they actually have a real fbo there unlike most locations. If you get to any of the out of the way places like Victoria the price difference between Colt and Uvair was substancial. Best is easy and will run it on a major credit card making the accounting easy. I think you can do UVAIR on a credit card also but they have a percentage charge for each transaction.

SabreFlyR said:
MMPR is one of the exceptions in Mexico because they actually have a real fbo there unlike most locations. If you get to any of the out of the way places like Victoria the price difference between Colt and Uvair was substancial. Best is easy and will run it on a major credit card making the accounting easy. I think you can do UVAIR on a credit card also but they have a percentage charge for each transaction.
I have Best setup to charge to our Multiservice account because I believe we will max out our Corporate Visa Cards the other way. Hopefully that works out for them. I looked at UVAir and noticed they need financial institution info. I would assume then that the UV card works much like the Multiservice Card where you have a line of credit extended through the card much like a VISA, MC, etc. and are presented with a monthly bill. Does that sound right?

stratman560 said:
I have Best setup to charge to our Multiservice account because I believe we will max out our Corporate Visa Cards the other way. Hopefully that works out for them. I looked at UVAir and noticed they need financial institution info. I would assume then that the UV card works much like the Multiservice Card where you have a line of credit extended through the card much like a VISA, MC, etc. and are presented with a monthly bill. Does that sound right?

That's correct, I get a monthly invoice with fuel purchases and any other service they offer that I may have used.
As for credit cards, I use my AmEx with Best Aero because it is unlimited and my Visa is good for 25K though I only use it when someone doesn't accept AE.

fuel cards

We use best aero the least out of the five cards we have. Uvair is probably the most frequent use, they are usually at least $.15 cheaper than colt. My favorite card is Jet Fleet International. It is a fairly new card and not accepted at a lot of places yet, but they have the best prices of any of our cards hands down. Plus you can get Marriott points and other gift benefits with your fuel purchases. Love that Jet Fleet!:beer:

cub46yc said:
We use best aero the least out of the five cards we have. Uvair is probably the most frequent use, they are usually at least $.15 cheaper than colt. My favorite card is Jet Fleet International. It is a fairly new card and not accepted at a lot of places yet, but they have the best prices of any of our cards hands down. Plus you can get Marriott points and other gift benefits with your fuel purchases. Love that Jet Fleet!:beer:

Thanks Cub! Ill be sure to look into Jet Fleet as well. Appreciate all your guys' help. I have heard of Jetfleet but never looked into it. Ill definately get us signed up for the Universal Card as well. Have you guys enrolled into Colt's Fly for Fun points program. I think we have like a $200 prepaid Amex Gift Card coming our way soon.....maybe some new stuff for our office is in order.

Latest resources

Back