• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best 135 cargo operaters.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where I come from that is called going against your word. It is not a good thing. As a former Race City Flyer myself, I can truly empathize with my former pilots. As far as not making a lot of money, I would have to agree however, I was making $30K a year when I left so it was not a bad paying job for what it was. I don't believe that 1973Arrow was 'badmouthing' but merely stating an unfortunate fact.

8inMan said:
They told you the pay wasn't going to be touched because thats what they thought was going to happen. Then plans changed. You make it sound as if you were making a lot of money at Package. Pilots for both companies are all receiving bottom of the rung pay. Now that you don't work for either company, please don't badmouth us and just be happy you got out when you did.

Last edited:
Who's hiring

citabriapilot said:
Ameriflight...and the largest 135 in the country.

They are the largest PROP 135! But they are a good company.

N7167L...to answer your question...Ameristar Jet is about to hire a new class of F.O.'s. Based in KADS(Addison...in Dallas), Falcons and Lears, 10-16 month upgrade, dual types when you upgrade, 18 month contract. FO's base salary is $2000.00/month. Hope this helps.

Caboclo said:
Airnet has to be one of the best. One example, most 135 jobs require you to scrape the ice off your plane by yourself, or at best give you a spray bottle of de-ice fluid. Airnet puts all their planes in hangars during the winter, and if the weather requires de-ice between legs, then you call the truck and do it right.

WHat kind of CRACK are you smoking?

TxPilot0878 said:
N7167L...to answer your question...Ameristar Jet is about to hire a new class of F.O.'s. Based in KADS(Addison...in Dallas), Falcons and Lears, 10-16 month upgrade, dual types when you upgrade, 18 month contract. FO's base salary is $2000.00/month. Hope this helps.

What kind of mins are they looking for?

Doesn't Ameristar hire Capt's off the street also?

Bank Air is a good one, hire straight into the Lear with no jet time, tight nit group of people and family owned company. Home every day and building time fast. Upgrade to left seat in about one year, in some cases less than that.

I would say Airnet, Ameriflight and Flight Express. I hadnt heard of Bank Air till I started working the line at a new FBO where Bank Air flies in 2 Lear 25/35's five nights a week. Their pilots seem to be pretty happy when they come in, one of em said they will interview with 1200/200. They dont have a website so I dont know anything about pay.

Lou3 said:
Where I come from that is called going against your word. It is not a good thing. As a former Race City Flyer myself, I can truly empathize with my former pilots. As far as not making a lot of money, I would have to agree however, I was making $30K a year when I left so it was not a bad paying job for what it was. I don't believe that 1973Arrow was 'badmouthing' but merely stating an unfortunate fact.

That's a big 10-4. I miss Bill

Latest resources

Back