Berry Aviation, San Marcos, TX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bptham

Just saw the posting on climbto350.com about the Metroliner and Citation II job for Berry Aviation in San Marcos, TX. Does anybody know anything about this company? Thanks guys...

Required First Officer duties for military commitments. They fly some charter and pay is around $18000 a year to start. Bases in San Diego, Omaha, San Marcos and some East Coast.

It looks like a PFT gig. The ad says you have to pay for training on one of the aircraft and they pay for the other.

PFT is PFT no matter how you slice it.

Yeah, I saw that. If it smells like PFT it probably is PFT. Just checking, you never know. Thanks guys...

Some other guys know much more than I, but when I applied in 2003 it wasn't PFT. Time changes all I guess.

labbats said:
Some other guys know much more than I, but when I applied in 2003 it wasn't PFT. Time changes all I guess.

Yes I was reading the ad and if you just want to do the Metro it's $6500 out of pocket up front for initial and $21,000 salary to start. Guaranteed type rating after 24 months and all recurrent and upgrade training paid for by company. Sounds like a pretty crappy deal to me.
If you want to be an F/O on both it's $12,000 up front with starting salary of $24,000. Same deal as the other as far as upgrade/recurrent etc.
I'm not an expert by any stretch but it seems like a very poor paying position that requires you to lay out thousands in order to work there for almost nothing.

Yep if you only stay a year you made $12000. I can think of a lot easier ways to make $12000yr. Starbucks...they have health and a 401k, and pay about $18,000 ($9 hr) for full time hours! I know that some little kid will do this and has in the past.

Oh gosh, yeah, sounds like a hoot. Well, back to the drawing board. Maybe I can scrounge up 30k instead and just go to an rj academy! Thanks again for the info...

Piper877 said:
Yes I was reading the ad and if you just want to do the Metro it's $6500 out of pocket up front for initial and $21,000 salary to start. Guaranteed type rating after 24 months and all recurrent and upgrade training paid for by company. Sounds like a pretty crappy deal to me.
:erm:

On the other hand, if you were to get hired directly into the Metro for a company like Ameriflight, you would get paid during training, typed in the aircraft, and would start out making somewhere in the low $40k range.

Don't know much about the jobs that were posted, but I do know that Berry is a subcontractor for Airscan on the Kwajalein contract.;)

Latest resources

Back