• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Berkshire 1st quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It means that even though we are short pilots, I could never say that. I need to have a contract signed ASAP while the cookie eaters agree with me. I need it done by this fall, or my negotiating power with be in the crapper. I don't know how we will get through the busy season without huge selloffs. Please don't highlight the fact that pilot hiring is on the rise (Did you see that AA just recalled their last furloughed pilot?). This ******************** has me nervous. Please don't ask uncomfortable questions. Just sign on the dotted line and don't engage your brain...

I'm feeling better already, guns.

It doesn't take long in this business to never, ever believe the FUD that management likes to throw towards the pilot group when contract time is near. Get your information from as many sources as you can to form your opinion and never go just on what's being spoken at recurrent.

It doesn't take long in this business to never, ever believe the FUD that management likes to throw towards the pilot group when contract time is near. Get your information from as many sources as you can to form your opinion and never go just on what's being spoken at recurrent.

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

ESPECIALLY considering the track record of pronouncements from the Okatie management crew. They were wrong or flat-out lied about EVERY major company development since 2005.

Last edited:
Uncle Warren is giving an extensive interview this morning on CNBC Real Time sitting in a hangar in front of two NJ planes (a Global and Excel). He has not mentioned NJ so far, though.

Last edited:
Not sure that reality is on his mind. Likely thinks all the 495 will take recall if offered so no problem.
What's the 495?

I doubt we're on his radar aside from an upcoming cost he'd like to minimize.

The 495 is the amount of times we will take it in the pooper. We are still in the low 200s. Almost 1/2 way!!!

Uncle Warren is giving an extensive interview this morning on CNBC Real Time sitting in a hangar in front of two NJ planes (a Global and Excel). He has not mentioned NJ so far, though.

Berkshire has $427 billion in total assets, $267 billion market cap (5th largest company in the world), we are 1.5% of his empire, I doubt we're worth mentioning half the time

Last edited:
Berkshire has $427 billion in total assets, $267 billion market cap (5th largest company in the world), we are 1.5% of his empire, I doubt we're worth mentioning half the time

And yet, every time he is on CBNC, he ends up talking about us or, as in this case, the airplanes are doing the talking behind him.

Financially, NetJets is a tiny part of the empire. But the company has ALWAYS been a huge part of Berkshire's public persona since Uncle Warren bought the outfit. Let's face it. Insurance and underwear are a little boring. Airplanes offer a little excitement and a little swagger to the stockholders and the general public.

That is why, when it gets down to brass tacks, I believe Mr. B won't allow a contract fight to drag on very long and risk damaging the cache' of the brand any more than Sokol already did.

I think another part of the reason it always seems NJA is "highlighted" every year at the BHK fest is that besides a/c (especially corporate jets) being much sexier than See's Candies and Fruit of the Looms, the purchasing habits of anyone who could possibly afford a share says alot as to how the economy is doing. And what the uber rich are spending $$ on...

Any Average Joe can buy a box of chocolates and replace their ripped undies. Very very few can purchase a share.

He could sell or rid himself of NJA, and hardly anyone would notice it in the yearly report....

Latest resources

Back