• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bemidji Beware

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never heard any really bad about them. Talked to a bunch of them in MSP at the UPS hub and they all seemed to like their jobs... Well maintained aircraft (that look like crap) and a great time building job. Not for everyone though...
It is 135 cargo, what do you really expect? Most of them have the same contracts...

They sure do taxi fast as hell though. I think they race to see who can take off first after the morning sort. Almost been ran over by those "bee's" more than once.

I wonder if Grandma Bemidji is still flying there. She is a nice lady at least in her 60's. She would load the cargo in the plane by herself, and usually be the first one off the cargo ramp. My cpt and I would always laugh because she could give any young 20 something freight dogger a run for their money.

Bemidji Aviation has been in business for a long time. As far as I can see, the owners are in it for the long haul and try their best to take care of their people and their planes. Part 135 freight is a tough industry to work and live, so anyone who does it deserves the credit. As with any job, try to ask the right questions, especially if a training contract is involved. Nonetheless, it's a freight dog job, and it aint for the faint of heart. You're on your own for the most part, and winter weather (or summer thunderstorms) in the Upper Midwest is challenging. Sorry it didn't work out for your friend. Nonetheless, I don't think Bemidji Aviation is in it for the $7,500.

I worked for Bemidji for 3 years. The airplanes look pretty rough, but everything is well maintained. I never felt abused, and rarely pushed. I made good money, made a lot of good friends and most of the pilots are professionals. During my time there, we had furloughed guys from US Airways and American. If it was really THAT terrible, those guys would have bugged out long before their recalls.

The older woman, Dawn, is still there. She is supposedly the 2nd highest time female pilot in the US.

Bemidji gave me my start, and a job when I was on hard times. Incidentally, whenever I screwed up (never anything serious) I never felt my employment was in jeopardy. The training contract is sort of BS, but you know what you're signing when you arrive.

My last year, I made $50k, flying 135 freight and charters for these guys, good luck with that at Ameriflight.

Latest resources

Back