BEllSouth Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FNG24

Gents, looks likes there's quite a bit of knowledge in here, for what that's worth, what is the word on the street about working, flying ets for Bellsouth, they are hiring a few guys....thanks for any light shed.....

Bellsouth interview,,,,,

My buddy interviewed with them a few weeks ago, and was impressed with their operation and wanted to get any info from on the street...

They have been doing a bit of hiring lately. I got a call from them about this time last year. I don't know why they have been hiring (expansion, retirements, firings, people quitting, etc.....). I do know that it is a pretty good place to work. Their aviation director just left to take the same job with Author Blank.

A little bit of incorrect information here. They hired one pilot last august. They had one pilot resign to go elsewhere, and the chief pilot recently resigned as well to go elsewhere. The Director of Aviation is still in place. A chief pilot has been hired and will be starting soon. The acting chief pilot will be hiring one from the application window which closed last friday. Interviews will be conducted this week and next.

ASA, you seem to have some good insight, I was curious if you knew how the life of the d-328 is, and what they pay....my buddy was told, they get you in the door with promises of moving up, but people have been stuck on the shuttle....thanks

FNG24 said:
ASA, you seem to have some good insight, I was curious if you knew how the life of the d-328 is, and what they pay....my buddy was told, they get you in the door with promises of moving up, but people have been stuck on the shuttle....thanks

I think it is a good job, depending on what you like. I would say that there are less overnights than on many, if not most, corporate jobs. The pay is good, not great. The 328 has no overnighting. You fly three days a week on the 328, almost always. Long days though. About a 13 hour day-8 legs. It really does not make sense not to qualify you on only 1 piece of equipment. Makes everything less flexible. You would more than likely check out on the citation in a year, although even after that you may mostly be flying the 328 until enough people are hired behind you. You will move on to the falcon as the openings become available, and then will likely be dual qualified on the citation and the falcon. I cannot really post numbers as far as salary, bonuses, etc.

Latest resources

Back