Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taxidriver4

Hi all,

Got a trip to Belize City on Monday for the night. Any advice/tips about it would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
second the raddison if your only there for one night. Otherwise, I'd take the ferry or a puddle jumper !!!!NOT A 206!!!!!!to San Pedro ( probably my favorite island in Caribbean) discounted or jump seats to pilots:)

Get a driver instead of renting a car. I also recommend using Rudy as your handler instead of jepps, etc. They contract him. you'll save a ton going direct with him. I know his info is on this website. search rudy and belise. Also, take a 6 pack of corona to give to the customs agents. You'll be treated like a king and walked right thru everytime you return. hope this helps

Rudy Coy. look in accu-quick for aero- something...sorry don't have one with me right now

you need a co-pilot?

used to go there couple times a month for over a year. No problems what so ever with security. Make sure to give yourself a little extra gas if weather is even close to a factor. You'll have trouble getting weather updates until you talk to the tower. no atis (atleast when I was going there) or ils.

I go in there probably once a month. Not going to be a problem to leave it overnight or for months. Angel will be your handler and he takes care of everything. Radisson is the best out there.

Remember its non radar so you'll be doing the approach while the caravans are flying in vfr under you. Its not big deal just don't be surprised.

Fuel is easy to get. We don't stay in Belize city. Most of our stuff is about 2.5 hour drive south to Dangriga.

How long are you staying? I can give you some things to do. Also like flyght30 said no Atis and no ILS. The caravans always fly so don't use them too much.

Also there is a military base close by you'll see it on the charts.

Everyone speaks english and is very nice.

Latest resources

Back