Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beginning of the end for Regional pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't Airbus try to design an airplane that didn't include the pilot, sort to speak? Here's an example of that first fully automated airplane. Worked real good, hey? Just listen to the commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOhdlj2LKCs&feature=related

Seriously. Thank you.

I will bet the remainder of my salary for the rest of my career that there will ALWAYS be a human at the controls of the airliners for as long as there are passengers. Boxes, maybe. People, never. Ever.

I'll even throw in my Barry Bonds rookie card.

Ain't gonna happen.

W

Seriously. Thank you.

I will bet the remainder of my salary for the rest of my career that there will ALWAYS be a human at the controls of the airliners for as long as there are passengers. Boxes, maybe. People, never. Ever.

Ain't gonna happen.

W

Dude, if you read my prior postings, you will see I was probably the first on here to say what you've said. Did you not get the intent of my last post?

Never gonna happen. People want people up front. Plus robots can't make DECISIONS on the fly. Ever get the blue screen of death?

Seriously. Thank you.

Ain't gonna happen.

W

Never. Wow. That's a pretty bold statement. 500 years from now? What about 1000? Why do you want to put yourself in the class of people that question possibilities. If anything, those people have been proven wrong more often than not. The world isn't flat after all.

I'll take my chances with a computer rather than pilots! 90 some % of crashes are pilot related.

Last edited:
.....so a mildly disgruntled Fed is seen pounding on the shell of the Predator B.......

"Hellooooo, open up NOW! License, medical, photo-ID, now! Helllllooooooo!"

Pilots will be relegated to simply being a systems manager. I can see it now - you're going to need some sort of computer degree along with your Commercial certificate to get hired. Those ERAU degrees will be worthless.

I'd rather have a hungover, tired, wondering how he is going to pay the bills pilot than no pilot. Then again, I'm familiar with the goat rope pilots routinely face. Last time I checked, computer's don't do goat rope.

Dude, if you read my prior postings, you will see I was probably the first on here to say what you've said. Did you not get the intent of my last post?

Yeah! I thanked you. I was being serious. The rest of my post was aimed at the same thing you were aiming at. Sorry to confuse.

W

Advancement in technology led to the elimination of fireman on diesel locomotives. It is only a matter of time until flying as we conduct it today may very well be a thing of the past in as little as one generation.

Latest resources

Back