Beerme

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sf3boy

We should thank NWA for our T/A? Did you walk the picket line with us in MEM, MSP, or DTW? One NWA pilot was with us in MEM on the line throughout this whole ordeal. One whole NWA pilot. Fed Ex had 20 every night.

When I responded to Tool 2425's post on why bigger a/c should get higher wages, I was only following ALPA's preset plan for payscale. Number of seats, range, speed, lifting capacity.....sound familiar? ALPA says that a DC-9 CA deserves $50 per hour less than a 747 CA. Apparently, you think different?

sf3boy said:
We should thank NWA for our T/A? Did you walk the picket line with us in MEM, MSP, or DTW? One NWA pilot was with us in MEM on the line throughout this whole ordeal. One whole NWA pilot. Fed Ex had 20 every night.

When I responded to Tool 2425's post on why bigger a/c should get higher wages, I was only following ALPA's preset plan for payscale. Number of seats, range, speed, lifting capacity.....sound familiar? ALPA says that a DC-9 CA deserves $50 per hour less than a 747 CA. Apparently, you think different?

No, I didn't walk the picket line...I was busy NOT flying struck work. Your Fed Ex supporters couldn't help there. It's great that those Fed Ex guys walked your line with you. NW ALPA provided monetary support to your war chest. Where do you think that money came from? Just because more NWA pilots didn't walk your picket line didn't mean we didn't support you.

As far as bigger a/c getting higher wages, I totally agree with ALPA's plan. A 747-400 Cpt should make much more than a DC-9 Cpt...I apologize for misunderstanding your statement.

Latest resources

Back