Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your Pager Went Off

Wake Up

Time For A Cold Shower If You Have Time, And Get Dressed Soaking Wet, Out The Door Into The Snow, Can't Feel Your Hands.

Beeep Beep Beeep

Trip Canceled

hOOSIER Daddy?

You had time for a shower? You must live at the airport!

Thankfully my company switched from pagers to cell phones. I still cringe when I'm watching House or something and a pager goes off that sounds like my old one. Ugh. Glad to have a job right now, though. Things are extremely slow.

Didn't mean to be a thug, just can't stand people spouting off when they have no idea what they are saying.
The pay is not rad. It is still your choice to work for those low wages so if you are upset you have no one to blame but yourself.

I just told them my pager ran out of batteries. I've been telling them that for 8 months now! Lol! Really the pager is toast it won't work at all. Thank god, I hated that thing. Anyway I have a blackberry now, if they wanna get ahold of me they can do it like 4 different ways. I get to wake up to the Imperial March from Star Wars whenever they call. As for my previous post I just figured a one or two year old company with only a few planes, that those planes would probably be leased or they must have gotten a loan from the bank to pay for them. Maybe I was wrong. Tell me otherwise, don't be an internet thug...:) I don't believe my statement above could be perceived as spouting off. Look at hundreds of other threads on this forum and you will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Alliance Air Charter is only two years old, but it is owned by a company that has been around for much longer. All their airplanes are paid for. Two Shorts 360-300s, Two flying Falcon 20s, and some other Falcons that probably won't fly again. I'm not sure what was meant by claiming Alliance was making payments on 40 year old falcons and I'm not sure Cherry is completely toast yet?

As for the pagers, I didn't know that anybody still uses them. If someone needs to talk to me they should just call my phone. I don't need them to call a small box that just beeps at me. That just adds an unnecessary step to the communication process.

I had a trip cancel on Wednesday night. What happens to that freight? Does it just disappear? Do they suddenly determine that they really don't need it there that quickly? At least the last one cancelled on the ground. I've only had three cancel in the air. ATC always sounds confused and suspicious when they tell us our trip cancelled and we need to return to the airport. It's like they're waiting to see if we will call BS on it and continue to our destination.

I get to wake up to the Imperial March from Star Wars whenever they call.

I've changed my dispatch ringer a couple of times. Any one of them could jar me out of a coma. The current ringer is the theme song from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Good ringer! I heard a couple rumors just last week that Cherry was in auction mode trying to sell off its equipment. The guy I was talking to was from Aero Charter so maybe he didn't know what he was talking about because I hadn't heard anything but he sounded like he knew what was going on.

EXDA474K (EXTRAORDINAIR AVIATION, & CHARTER)? Alliance owner?

I had a trip cancel on Wednesday night. What happens to that freight? Does it just disappear? Do they suddenly determine that they really don't need it there that quickly?

Usually it is the result of an over zealous dispatcher that quoted a trip to a 'potential' customer for a 'potential' trip.

They scramble a crew to get a jump start on the launch in case it comes back as a 'go'.

It is no sweat off their backs if it doesn't go as they are up and manning the phones anyway, but it royally screws up your night/sleep.

When I was in that biz, the phone answerers...errr...'dispatchers' :rolleyes: , (most of them didn't have a dispatcher license), to a person knew that if they paged me, trip or no trip, my duty day started. If I was in rest but had duty/flight time left, I started my 10 hours over...

I RARELY had trips cancel after I was paged, in fact I usually had a good heads-up on trips as a result.

Who owns Alliance?

Latest resources

Back