Beechjet Nosegear pin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dogwood

From a previous BeechJet 400A job several years ago, I used to carry an extra nosepin in my flightbag.

While cleaning out my office closet at home, I ran across it.

Does anyone here have an idea what it may be worth, and if so how I may go about finding a buyer for it, other than eBay.

It's been packaged for a few years and oiled down to keep out the rust, so it appears to be in perfect shape.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

DW

I'm pretty sure that a new pin retails for about $800-$900. Just heard from a FSI instructor yesterday that one of their clients payed about $1100 which included same day delivery.

From a previous BeechJet 400A job several years ago, I used to carry an extra nosepin in my flightbag.

While cleaning out my office closet at home, I ran across it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

DW

You could give it back to the company you got it from.

You could give it back to the company you got it from.

The pin was given to me by a friend who lost his job when his boss died and the 400A was sold. I was still flying a BeechJet so I stuck it in my bag.

Later my BeechJet was sold and I went off to greener pastures. That was a few years ago.

Now I find the thing, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Actually did call the former boss to see if he wanted it, but he's out of flying and had no interest in bothering with it.

You are correct though, offering it back to the company was the proper thing to do, but I'm on plan B now.

May try eBay I suppose.

Thanks for the replies.

Stupid question but, can you even sell certified parts like such on eBay? I'll ask my boss he is interested in a backup pin, never hurts to have.

AM

Stupid question but, can you even sell certified parts like such on eBay? I'll ask my boss he is interested in a backup pin, never hurts to have.

AM

Yup ... I carried an extra pin for many years. All you have to do is drop your pin the wrong way and if it gets nicked, it won't slide in.

We always carried extra ignitor plugs, an ignitor box, and and extra nose pin.

There are all kinds of aircraft parts for sale on eBay.

Let me know if he is interested.

Thanks

DW

The pin was given to me by a friend who lost his job when his boss died and the 400A was sold. I was still flying a BeechJet so I stuck it in my bag.

Later my BeechJet was sold and I went off to greener pastures. That was a few years ago.

Now I find the thing, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Actually did call the former boss to see if he wanted it, but he's out of flying and had no interest in bothering with it.

You are correct though, offering it back to the company was the proper thing to do, but I'm on plan B now.

May try eBay I suppose.

Thanks for the replies.

sorry we doubted you. my apologies.

Latest resources

Back