Beechjet Drivers/ Headset Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FEDUPPILOT

Just wondering what type of headset you use and which one is the best.
Getting tired of the David Clarks. Thanks for your response.

You use David Clarks in a Beechjet??

I've got about 30 hours in a Beechjet, and we always used the Telex Airmen 750 double-sided headsets that were part of the airplane.

They're lightweight, and cut do a good job of cutting out most of the noise.

I use my Clarks about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I use FlightCom F20s. Just depends on how deaf I am feeling that day.

capt_zman said:
Telex hurts the head and doesn't cut out any noise.

Dangit, I had a sneaky suspicion my hearing was getting worse! With bad hearing, you get quite a considerable amount of noise reduction naturally!

I thought the Telex's were good... errr.

We used Telex headsets (sorry, I dunno what kind, but definately not ANR) and they seemed comfortable and quiet enough to me. At least compared to my DC headclamps...

I do have to mention who incredibly quiet the Bose are. But,,, I have owned this pair for 5 years, and have sent them back for repair about 4 times. They just don't seem to have the oomph the DC have.

We have to Bose, they came with the aircraft. I like them; they are the only ANR I have ever used. A friend of mine wrote a letter to a couple of the headset manufactures and stated that he was unsure of the model to use and asked if he could beta test any new units. DC was cool, they sent him a headset for free, and ended up taking some pictures and using him in an ad. He didn't get paid, but didn't have to pay for the headsets. The Bose headset seems to eat batteries, and if I was paying for them I would look for a cheaper option.

Latest resources

Back