Beechjet adivce?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FalconPilot69

I have an opportunity to fly a Beechjet and was wondering if this is an aircraft that has certain power settings to maintain climbs at or below 200kts and best decent profiles, etc. If anyone has some thoughts, I sure would appreciate your input. It is a later model (2001-2003) Beechjet.

Thank you in advance.

FalconPilot69

won't you get all that at FSI?...i would guess "balls to the wall" is about right. don't listen to me tho I have never been in one.

Max climb power depends on outside air temp and whether you are using any anti-ice. "Normal" climb is generally 250 kias, but in practice it climbs just as well at 280-300 if not better. Climbing faster also means you don't end up hanging there waiting to get over the hump once you reach 410.

When descending like gangbusters, the barber pole will sneak up on you if you aren't paying attention. Other than that, fly it like you stole it!

Sounds like you may not have much time in a jet. Fly max ITT or N1 and adjust pitch to get the speed you want. In the hawker I fly 250 to 10K, 285 to 24K, 260 the rest... of course that's the hawker...I guess that doesn't help you in the beechjet!

cosmotheassman said:
In the hawker I fly 250 to 10K, 285 to 24K, 260 the rest...

Too complicated....just push the throttles up to the green lights(only on the XP though), set the vertical speed to some climb rate, and keep it off the barber pole. I like it easy...no speeds to remember. :D

I see you're flying the 800...just push 'em to the stops and go. The thing won't climb for sh!t otherwise! ;)

I usually fly it at the barber pole also, but in the frac world, getting there faster just means scheduling has more time to hose ya.

I guess I should be a little more clear on the question.

I do have jet time, only 500 + hours, but still time. In the Falcon 20 that I used to fly, under class B airspace and in class C, I could set the N1 to 66 % and stay under 200 kts. In the decent I could set 77% N1 and never have to touch the power again and never use the airbrakes until touch down. That is essentially what I was wondering. I understand the power full forward flying, just wondering about the other settings.

Thanks again for your responses. By the way, this will be corporate, and not fractional.

Never been in the Beechjet. But I would guess 500 lbs of fuel flow will give about 200 KIAS straight n level.

On takeoff after clearing obstacles with the gear and flaps retracted. Reduce fuel flow to about 1000 lbs. Since this is more than the 500 lbs required for straight and level you will be climbing at any speed below 200 KIAS. Somewhere between 700 and 1500 FPM. Do this about 1000 ft prior to leveloff.

You will then be able to level off at 200 KIAS without busting the speed restriction by simply slowly retarding throttle toward 500 lbs of fuel flow.

Once you get to fly this jet youwill find out what fuel flow gives 200 kias and what gives 250. You can then adjust my technique as required. Just add 500 lbs to the S+L fuel flow for your climb.

I use this technique when I want to avoid busting 200 KIAS on departure leaving a place like TEB where you have to level off at 1500 ft. Otherwise it will be unconfortable transition from a 4000+ FPM climb to leveloff. As soon as the flaps are retracted the power starts coming back. It also cuts down on the RAs you get with EWR arrivals overhead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back