Beechjet 400A Flameouts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pamed19

Does any one know if the Airforce has had the same trouble with their version of the Beechjet.Are there special procedures that are required to prevent Fameouts.For info see the Fractional Forum thread on the problem.

When I was at END (00-03) we had 2 Flame outs, but both were due to inadvertant micro switch activation caused by an overly aggresive throttle reduction. One was dual engine during an AR sortie, one single engine in the pattern. Nothing like the Icing thing you guys are talking about.

IS the T-1 RVSM now?

HoursHore said:
When I was at END (00-03) we had 2 Flame outs, but both were due to inadvertant micro switch activation caused by an overly aggresive throttle reduction. One was dual engine during an AR sortie, one single engine in the pattern. Nothing like the Icing thing you guys are talking about.

IS the T-1 RVSM now?
Has the AirForce developed a procedure to prevent flame out.?

The flameouts the AF has experienced are more like inadvertent engine shutdowns. The only change we've done is to turn on our ignitors for low level flights.

The T-1 will not be modified for RVSM anytime in the near future unless somebody can spot me $8M.

IIRC after the dual-flameout they found that one of the throttle cables was rigged slightly out of limits, but they never could find out why the other one flamed out.

Latest resources

Back