Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SheGaveMeClap

Your wife's boyfriend
Is anyone fresh out of recurrent that can help me out with some differences between the 400 and 400A? Or does anyone fly the straight 400 who can enlighten me?

All I can remember is the difference in engine thrust. What else is different? Thanks for any replies.....

Clap

SheGaveMeClap said:
Is anyone fresh out of recurrent that can help me out with some differences between the 400 and 400A? Or does anyone fly the straight 400 who can enlighten me?

All I can remember is the difference in engine thrust. What else is different? Thanks for any replies.....

Clap

I left Options in May to fly a straight 400. I have a differences package that I'll be happy to copy and mail to you. PM me if you want it. Also, it may help if you know the serial number(s) of the airplane(s) you'll be flying.

fogrunner said:
are you still slogging it out at options??

Unfortunately, yes.

Match, thanks for the offer. If it comes to that, I will definitely take advantage of it. That'd be good information.

SheGaveMeClap said:

Clap

Thrust is only 65 lbs different.

Electrical is very different as you are now very dependant on the inverters. #1 is on and #2 is off for start. Instead of an inverter failure not meaning much as in the 400A, when you loose one in the diamond/400, you just lost a good portion of the avionics on that side. You can let it auto transfer of pick which side you want to power.

Yaw damper on for takeoff and landing.

Fuel is arranged different, and you will have to transfer it yourself after the wings burn down a bit.

Max landing weight is more restrictive at 14,220. Max T/O 15,780. Max ZFW is 12,470

Oxygen generators for pax in the back instead of the bottle.

I think that covers most of it.

SabreFlyR said:
Unless the S/B has been complied with. I have one engine with and one without.

You are correct. I had to go look that up. I knew they did the increase on the early A's, but now I see that it was available in the 400's. Can also be done as part of the flaps 20 mod.

Latest resources

Back