• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beech 1900??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a checkairman on the 1900D whose student fully stalled the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing. They had to put the nose 45 degrees nose down and lost about 5,000 feet. At night. IFR.
The tailets are required to increase the vertical tail area, cheaper and easier to do redesigning the whole KA200 tail, as it is. Stabilons for aft CG envelope. Strakes for fishtailing at high AOA.

They had to put the nose 45 degrees nose down and lost about 5,000 feet.

Did they use the flight idle put the nose down recovery technique?

Set max power and follow the proper recovery procedure, you will not lose 5000 feet in a full stall.

The mighty 1900

As a former Be-1900 training Captain, I can tell you that the 1900 stall characteristics are completely docile. I have watched students full stall the 1900 (due to late recognition and recovery, particularly at higher altitudes where the stall horn activated after we had exceded critical AOA), and the airplane is predictable and well behaved. That being said, circumstances that can aggravate a docile stall turning into a sporty event include uncordination and uneven engine surges during a too rapid power application on recovery. The 1900 is just an awesome airplane...plently of smash, and an incredibly stable instrument platform.

Hvy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back