Beech 1900 study material

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bryan D

I have a friend that has a upcoming Beech 1900 ground school. Could someone point me to some study material?
Thanks

I concur, very few errors in it. You don't really need it, though. First, every airline teaches things a bit different, and you will be told that thus and such valve works this way, and that's just what you have to regurgitate to pass, even if it's an instructors fantasy. Go fiddle with the airplane and you'll find the truth.

Personally, were I you, I'd just memorize the limitations and memory items that they've hopefully given you (neither of those are in the book anyway, and many are company specific) and it'll all be OK.

the only thing you need to know about the Beech is to carry a screwdriver so in the summertime you can reset the VCM via the nose compartment.

if it's gulfstream, tell em the airplane can go faster than 175kias in cruise.

TWo things you will need to know about the Beech.

Windscreed Wiper speed on low....MACH2
Wiper Speed On high...MACH4

Oh and one more thing, Bring an empty plastic bottle. Trust me.;)

Best of Luck.

You'l love the mighty Beech.

One more thing

The hardest thing about the 1900 is trying to fake chuckle and smile at every passenger that does the "Oh good, I get a window AND an aisle seat." routine. It is amazing how many people think that they are actually original and funny.

As far as a book goes try to get the study guides from the company you are going. I know Skyway uses their own manual that the Flight Standards check airman wrote. I have the B1900.com book and it would do little for preparing for SYX. It is a good book but too general and like someone else already said the airline will have their own spin on things.

GP

Paul R. Smith said:

Oh and one more thing, Bring an empty plastic bottle. Trust me.;)

Best of Luck.

Last edited:
Paul R. Smith said:

Fast and Nuerotic according to GP:p

Jobear

oh don't forget when you upgrade in the beech you now get to rotate with your left hand and bang on the side window with your right hand in order to get it to seal, all the while it is whining. the pax thinking the captain is insane.

Latest resources

Back