• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ilinipilot

Barely awake in Training
Hello,
After searching around this forum, and not finding all the info I need, I decided to post the Question.

What kind of Kit Bag do those of you who fly or flew a 1900 use. I know its a smaller cockpit and I read on this board already that a Scott case works well but I was just looking for others to compare. Thanks in advance

D

Makes no difference. You won't have any room in the cockpit for a shoebox.

Your flight-bag will most likely be stored in the closet behind the cockpit with no immediate access unless you get up out of your seat and remove the net along with the 15 bags these moron passengers put in there even when you told them not to.

There is a storage compartment between the seats for your manuals and other small crap but that's about it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I used to use a soft sided leather portfolio-type bag I picked up at Wal-mart or Best Buy (can't remember which). It had room for all my stuff plus it was pliable enough to fit behind the captain's seat in the cockpit. Didn't really look all that cool, but then again neither did our Beeches.

I used a soft fabric bag with a bunch of pockets on it from Target for over a year. Worked beautifully, lightweight, cost $20, and fit fine behind the seat. Just don't put anything fragile in or on your bag. Nothing worse than crushing the takeout food you just got for yourself when you throw your seat back.

Other flight cases work, also, behind the seat. They may limit the seat's rearward travel by a couple inches, though.

If you are looking for a flight case, I wouldn't recommend getting an expensive one like those Scott leather ones. You'll keep your flight case in the closet behind the right seat where all the pax put their crap on top of it so the snow will melt off of theirs and right onto yours. It will get messed up so wait until you are flying something a little bigger before you drop the cash on a nice flight case. On your way up to MKE you will pass Gurnee mills and Premium Outlet Mall, both of which have a Samsonite Company Store. They sell an awesome "catalog case" made of that tough, durable nylon material that will last forever. And the best thing is that it is relatively inexpensive... only $60! I got one and I love it! It has the combination locks on it and the colapsable handle. I'd at least stop by either one of the stores on your way up to MKE to check it out. I think they had a couple different models to choose from.

Latest resources

Back