BE400 NJA and FLOP's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DO-82 driver

I have seen some recent data showing that FLOP's BE400' s typically fly longer leg segments and at higher alttudes as compared to those flown at NJA.

Anyone care to speculate why?

I'm in the U-Boat so I'm just speculating, but didn't FLOPS have a couple of dual engine flameouts in the 400? Maybe that has something to do with the way we operate the 400.

My opinion

FLOPS relies a lot more on the 400s than NJ. At FlOPS, they play a key role on ops, mostly rev. leghts. At NetJets, they do a lot of recovery flights, "search and rescue". That could a reason for that disparity

I have seen some recent data showing that FLOP's BE400' s typically fly longer leg segments and at higher alttudes as compared to those flown at NJA.

Anyone care to speculate why?

It's in keeping with management's policy of every limitation being a goal.

last tour, I was on arrival from the south to the NYC area. About the time we got to the DCA, area center started giving everyone a 280KIAS restriction. The flight ops guy ahead of us said he couldn't comply because of fuel considerations and that he could only do 200. Center suddenly had to give everyone behind him a heading towards the west. A minute later the flight ops guy called her and said that he needed to drop into DIA, and that the reason was that he didn't want to mess up her traffic flow. Somehow, I don't believe anyone on frequency believed that.

last tour, I was on arrival from the south to the NYC area. About the time we got to the DCA, area center started giving everyone a 280KIAS restriction. The flight ops guy ahead of us said he couldn't comply because of fuel considerations and that he could only do 200. Center suddenly had to give everyone behind him a heading towards the west. A minute later the flight ops guy called her and said that he needed to drop into DIA, and that the reason was that he didn't want to mess up her traffic flow. Somehow, I don't believe anyone on frequency believed that.

Give the guy some credit. If he flies 200 versus 280 he gets the fuel BONE US. If he makes an extra stop he gets better legs per day BONE US.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back