Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
declaring wars on abstracts is just marketing

One problem...McCain lost.

Get f'ing over it. Terror is a feeling. You can't declare war on feelings, even if it's what you pin your hopes for election on. "Axis of Evil"? really? Do they consort? Are they really an "Axis"? I think not. They're just a group of countries that we don't like right now.

"?QUOTE]

Good rantings and posts- hardly expected on airline board.

One metric Rumsfeld used to measure the success of the War of Terror, was the yard stick measurement of "are we destroying more terrorist than we create?"

The Brits stopped using the term War on Terror; as it can be used against them as a marketing ploy to recruit terrorist. So this can be seen as a strategic choice rather than the pejorative PC correction.

If Obama can convert one more "fence sitter" away from terrorism, it is one less our servicemen have to chase after and gun down.
If you are looking for public accessible articles; goggle scholar search engine is a good place to start.

America has voted, and now we must be punished.

(Source unknown)

God I wish it were possible to to drop in on the alternate universe and see what life was like under McCain / Palin. Could some quantum physics guys please step up, pull an all nighter or two and let us know?

Until the geek squad gets back I'll predict we're MUCH better off in this universe. McCain / Palin....what the hell was the GOP thinking?

One problem...McCain lost.

Get f'ing over it. Terror is a feeling. You can't declare war on feelings, even if it's what you pin your hopes for election on. "Axis of Evil"? really? Do they consort? Are they really an "Axis"? I think not. They're just a group of countries that we don't like right now.

"so called warrantless wire-taps"...Who said, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"? Probably a commie, eh? Oh wait, I think it was Ben Franklin! He only won the revolutionary war for the USA. What would he know? You would have a WAR simply to justify gross breaches of civil liberties? YOU are the communist if that is your view.

On 9/11 we lost 3,000 people. Every year 180,000 people die from diabetes. How about we declare a war on diabetes, spend 1/100th of what we already have on "terror" and declare MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! We could even get a really big banner and fly our president in on a fighter jet to announce our victory. You fricken righties are so oblivious it makes me want to puke. Thank God the GOP is self destructing. I'm all for a third party...one to replace the GOP and thier nut jobs.

Well effin said....

Latest resources

Back