Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BE-40 BeechJet 400A Type Ratings - suggestions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I got an idea. Get the company you are apply for to pay for you type. Its people like you who drive the wages down for the rest of us buy being so willing to cover your own training cost! Are you telling me you want pay for a rating without even knowing if you have the job? Save your money man. You could lose the job to a chick with a really nice rack who can't even spell airplane let alone get typed in one. :rolleyes:

Koslen said:
Yeah I got an idea. Get the company you are apply for to pay for you type. Its people like you who drive the wages down for the rest of us buy being so willing to cover your own training cost! Are you telling me you want pay for a rating without even knowing if you have the job? Save your money man. You could lose the job to a chick with a really nice rack who can't even spell airplane let alone get typed in one. :rolleyes:

I agree with the first two sentences. HOWEVER-----

Koslen, your last sentence makes you sound like an idiot. Not a far stretch I guess...

I had a good experience with FSI Beech getting my 61.55, although my sim instructor didn't have any experience in the actual plane. It was my first jet, and other than a stiff crosswind, I found it very easy to fly and land.

Essential things to know? You can't raise a wing with a spoiler.

English said:
I agree with the first two sentences. HOWEVER-----

Koslen, your last sentence makes you sound like an idiot. Not a far stretch I guess...
Thank you for your coments. I look like an idiot too buy the way. No offense to female pilots. I was just trying to have some fun at your expense. I flew with two female captains in a 747-200 as an F.O. and they were among the best sticks I have ever seen. Cheers:beer:

Thanks all so far for your input....

I didn't mean to start any fires.... I understand about "letting the company pay for it". I am a 5000 plus hr, 18 year veteran of this industry (freight dog for the past 6 years), but have gotten little traction in the world of business / charter aviation because I don't even apply for jobs that pay less than 30K for having me gone from home and on-call all the time. I am also not independently wealthy. However, I have someone "eyeballing" me, and it seems to be a good situation. So, I am CONSIDERING my options, since they wanted someone already typed.

Are Flight Safety and Simuflite the ONLY companies who do BE-40 types??

Latest resources

Back