Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jaywc7

Typical Prop Head
I just watched the 19min video about the BD10 available at their website, somewhere,,, www.bd5.com I'm just curious if anyone on here has one, is building one, or knows anything other then what the website can provide about them. I'm not planning on building one or anything (although I would if I had the funds!). Just curious to know more about them. The plane seems just to good to be true! Well, aside from the price I'm sure, which is probably a slap in the face...

BD10???

It was a project that never really made it. I think that it was supposed to eventually to be a close to Mach 1+ homebuilt. I do know that someone, I think the head test pilot, died in a crash of one. I am not sure if many kits were sold or really what ever happened. I do know that Jim Bede has had many designs through time, but I have been told he is one to avoid. There are stories of people paying for kits and never getting them shipped. The good old bankruptcy laws.

There was one being built in Perryville, MO a few years ago. Last time I saw it they looked like it was pretty close to being completed. It had a nice EFIS getup installed.

Anyone know what ever became of it?

Latest resources

Back